Re: Droid Charge by Samsung and Ford Sync Bluetooth issues
kingshah

I have an Acura TSX 2011 w/Tech Package. I had a lot of trouble with pairing this Samsung Charge with the TSX. I had samsung Omnia Previously and there were no issues with pairing that phone with this car. However, Samsung or Verizon must fix this issue completely, or I have to pursue legal channels to obtain compensation. There is no way I am letting verizon or Samsung off the hook.

0 Likes
Giovababe66

Yup! Me!  I have a Samsung Fascinate and it is not doing well with my Ford Escape Sync system.

0 Likes
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi Jbosworth,

Thanks to the community for your input and suggestions! They are much appreciated. 

I do understand your concern with the Bluetooth connectivity in your vehicle and your Samsung Charge. I have reviewed my references and I am showing that the Bluetooth car kit connectivity issues for the Samsung Charge are under investigation by the product management team at Samsung. 

I did want you to know that there will be an upcoming fix to this issue. Unfortunately, I do not have a date as to when this will be. Additionally, this update will not necessarily be to the Gingerbread software. I wish I had more information to provide you with, but the truth is that we just don't. I would definitely provide you with the information if I was privy to it.

However, you are able to sign up for email updates for new services and products, as well as software updates at the following address:

http://www.vzw.com/emailupdates

Thank you for your posting and have a good day!

0 Likes
JoeL_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thank you to the community for your responses.

I have checked the ford website (click here) and the acura website (click here) and neither vehicles are showing up with the ability to pair to the new Samsung Charge. We have notified Samsung of this issue. Hopefully Ford and Acura will update their vehicles with our latest devices for Bluetooth compatibility.

Thank you

0 Likes
jbosworth

I appreciate the feedback. I hope this fix comes soon. I have discovered that after charging the phone overnight the only way the phone will pair with my SHO again is to do a cold reboot (turn completely off then on again) of the phone.

The phone charges via the AC charger on my desk at night. The wifi network is always on in my house. While charging, the phone will do strange things - waking up and making noises, sometimes rebooting itself for no apparent reason. Sometimes I've discovered in the morning that it has simply turned itself completely off. I've assumed that maybe some apps are running in the background and accessing the wifi for whatever reason they need. I'm about to experiment with turning off the wifi setting while the phone is charging. It seems as if the phone (an app) is messing with Bluetooth while in rest mode. So even though the Bluetooth icon shows in the status bar, it isn't really on, despite what the settings say. Only a cold reboot after unplugging it from the charger seems to help. Then the phone remains paired to the car throughout the day and works normally.

I do not have any unusual apps and not very many apps either. I only install apps that are practical and do not play games on the phone.

As you might imagine, this is an irritating inconvenience - to say the least.

0 Likes
jbosworth

JoeL_VZW: The phone pairs, it just won't stay paired day to day. The reason Ford won't list the Charge is because the Charge has known Bluetooth issues. It is not Ford's problem since most Bluetooth devices work just fine with SYNC. And my Charge does too - if I don't mind doing a cold reboot every morning (after charging the phone on its AC charger overnight) when I get in the car.

0 Likes
Droid Charge by Samsung and BMW Sync Bluetooth issues
martib

My droid charge will quickly pair with bluetooth but will only work for a call or two before failing.  I drive a 2011 535i.  I returned one charge but the second one did the same thing, not to mention it dropped calls and did not allow incoming ones one minute then the next it worked again.  This phone is aweful!

0 Likes
jbosworth

Has there been any update on the Charge Bluetooth fix from Samsung? I tried shutting off wifi during the overnight charge (thinking the phone was messing with Bluetooth settings via wifi since I cannot get a cell signal inside my house). No difference at all. I still have to reboot the phone every morning in order for the car to detect it.

I spent a lot of money on this phone (and the car) and I just want a solution. Why is it some Samsung phones don't have this problem but the Charge does? Seems to me they could look at a 'working' phone's Bluetooth parameters and do a quick fix for the Charge by duplicating them. Shouldn't be that big an issue. It's been weeks since this issue was identified and reported. I've been a Verizon wireless customer for almost 20 years now. My patience - and faith - is wearing thin...

0 Likes
JohnJ1017
Enthusiast - Level 3

Any updates on this

My Ford Fusion SYNC & my Jawbone Icon wireless device both constantly break up and disconnect from my Samsung Charge...

I had a blackberry before this Samsung Droid Charge and it worked flawlessly....  Glad I paid so much money for a phone that is full of bugs and other performance issues.

0 Likes
jbosworth

Another month has gone by and no fix. I used to manage software developers and I would certainly never have put up with this lack of turnaround on a simple Bluetooth issue. It isn't just the car, it's virtually everything that uses Bluetooth to connect to the phone - my Jawbone Era, too.

0 Likes