Re: Droid Charge by Samsung and Ford Sync Bluetooth issues
JohnJ1017
Enthusiast - Level 3
Verizon will blame samsung and ford. Samsung and ford will blame verizon. And the game will just go on.
0 Likes
69Bugdriver

Hello.  I am new to this forum.  I purchased my Samsung Charge this past July while spending the summer months in the mountains of NC.  We recently returned home to spend the winter in FL.  Our Ford Escape spent the summer in our garage, so I am also new to Syncing it. (Pardon the pun.) 

Prior to the charge, I had a Samsung Convoy and the wife still has her Samsung Gusto.  I guess, if you will, its now Smartphone vs Dumbphone...

I took my Charge out to the Escape and managed to pair it, but I also removed my previous Convoy as it was the primary phone.  The wife's Gusto is still installed.  What I found is, that whenever starting the vehicle, even though I made the smartphone the primary phone for Sync, Sync still paired with the wife's dumb phone - IF it was w/in range.

So, I shut off Bluetooth on the wife's dumbphone and lo and behold, the Charge (smartphone) now pairs each and every time I/we enter the vehicle.  I created a shortcut on the wife's phone to make it easier to turn on/turn off Bluetooth - easier for her that is, and we have encountered no further problems...    (KNOCK ON WOOD)

I guess as smart as smartphones are supposed to be - dumbphones did things so much easier.

0 Likes
superfly0313

I am having a similar problem, my Bluetooth works sporadically with my Prius, but my wireless internet has completely quit

working and I'd say my Bluetooth only works about 10% of the time.

0 Likes
OhioGal11

I have the same issue with my '11 Ford Escape.  When I had purchased the Escape I had the Motorola Droid and had no problems with the bluetooth connection.  However, when I purchased the Charge it took several attempts to pair the phone and now will only connect to Sync every once and a while.  The connection is not consistent, just like my data connection is not consistent.

My phone shows that it is paired to the car, but I cannot use the handsfree feature.  This is just one of many issues I am having with the phone...

0 Likes
radiocynic

Droid Charge; 2008 Fusion. 

My problem has been with the car regularly not finding the phone.  Happens roughly 1 out of every 3 times I get in the car. 

Here's a not-very-satisfactory workaround -- If I cycle the Charge's BT off and on again, the SYNC will then find the phone and quickly re-pair.  It takes a long time for the BT to turn off (roughly 12-13 seconds, so there's something glitchy going on in the phone there.

So I'm hoping that the newly-installed Gingerbread 2.3.6 update I received this morning MIGHT fix this whole problem(?)  Haven't tried yet.

0 Likes
dirtplus

My charge worked fine with Ford Sync until the recent software update this week.  Now I can sync mailbox and make outgoing calls thru Sync but it won't answer incoming calls and won't allow me to answer calls direct thru the phone while linked to Sync.

0 Likes
69Bugdriver

Here is an update on connecting my Charge to the Sync system in our 2010 Escape.

First I created a Bluetooth shortcut on the home page.  (I currently have 3 pages I can flip thru.)

Prior to entering the vehicle, I turn on Bluetooth.  Pressing this shortcut takes me directly to the Bluetooth page on the phone that shows me the 2 items the Charge is paired with.

I then press Snyc and start the vehicle.  The phone pairs with Sync and remains so.  I can make and receive calls.  If I am leaving the vehicle for a short time, I leave Bluetooth enabled.  If it will be for a longer time, I turn Bluetooth off and go thru the pairing process I previously mentioned.

Since I have done this, I have had no pairing problems.  And by the way, my phone was updated awhile back and I had to not only update Sync, but also my Mobile Hot Spot settings. 

Now all is well with the world...

0 Likes
claydawg2k

i have a lincoln mkz, and what i noticed for the first four months was that if my charge was less that half charged it would not connect. then last week was the gbread update-and things got worse! now it always connects, but i cant answer the calls with the mkz-i hear them ringing but cant answer themn. and if i go to make a call, gtwo seconds after hitting send-every time, my screen says call ended. i am sitting here tonight with a replacement phone without the update. fired it up and it worked fine, then the update message appeared. what would you do?

0 Likes