Re: Droid Charge...epic fail?
danceinside23
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree, EPIC FAIL! I'm on my 2nd Charge and after having it for about a month, I have to take it in again for force closes, texting, and freezing issues. Ridiculous.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dancinside23, thanks for posting. Are you still having issues with the device? Have you tried a hard reset http://bit.ly/Zr1btu ?^SP

0 Likes
danceinside23
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes I have. I have had this replacement phone for a little over a month and have to take it in for another replacement.

Scoufal44
Enthusiast - Level 1

I relate to this big time. My Charge has had a lot of problems and it feels like I keep getting the run around. If I spend anymore time in the store or on the phone with Verizon I think I will qualify for their health insurance. In addition to all the time wasted in the store and on the phone (In the rare instances it is working) I have repeatedly had to run to the FedRx store to ship their defunct equipment back to them. I work two jobs! I don't have time for this! Ready for my contract to end so I can go to AT&T and get an iPhone.

wmhop
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having similar issues. Programs crashing. The recommendation that was made to me was to go use "Clear Data" on the apps that crash. Of course this didn't work. The other recommendation was a hard reset. Ridiculous. I'm on my second phone have had it for about a week but it started having the same issues as my first phone on the day I booted it up.

I haven't tried a hard reset but it appears that others have. Is there a genuine solution that has been proven to work?

tallllcathy
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi - I'm SO glad I found this message string.  I had a Droid Incredible, which I loved, but the charger port broke last June and Verizon was very happy to give me an upgrade to the Droid Charge.  It has had problems from the beginning.  It's super slow and glitchy - the only thing better than the Incredible is that it sends photos faster.  Otherwise it's been a problem.  In late December it started randomly shutting down.  I took it to my local Verizon store and the kid at the counter suggested we restore factory settings, which we did, while a Verizon rep was on the phone with us.  I don't download much, so I lost a few apps including a transit tracker app (Chicago) and a weather app.  The kid at the store told me he would remove the sim card and then re-insert it and all my contacts would be the same, but the phone automatically pulled all the records from my work email and my gmail account into the phone.  I never told it to do that, and now I've got multiple records for a bunch of people, and professional contacts whom I never call, but about whom I had some notes on in my work Outlook.  This is dreadful - now I have to go through every contact and write down phone numbers on a piece of paper then re-type them in to consolidate contacts, and I've got to manually delete the folks from my work record whom I don't want to ever call accidentally.  It's going to take me hours.  The phone is still really slow and glitchy, and has shut down a couple of times this month even after factory setting were restored.  I called a rep again a week or two ago, and all they suggested was to restore factory settings again.  Can't wait until I can unload this thing.  grrrrrr

StefK
Enthusiast - Level 1

After a week of frustration with my Droid Charge, my husband found this page and sent it to me. We both have Charges, and while he's fine with his, and frankly hate mine. While the call area is pretty consistent and I don't get dropped called, I get dropped DATA all the time. I use my phone on my morning runs, and on almost every single one, it loses data connection in random areas - never the same place, always in places where it has had connections before, and I'm in the middle of an urban city (Portland). It's very frustrating.

I've had many apps crash and had to do many hard reboots from the phone freezing. When I try to access my voicemail, the sensor on the screen will randomly turn the screen off/on no matter where I have my hands places, so it's almost impossible to enter my VM password. I could go on. It sucks.

In addition to that, recently I've started having the spontaneous shut-down problem I see in several comments above - it would just randomly turn off for no reason. I'd have to do a full reboot to get it back on. So I took my phone in to the store. Because we got insurance, they were happy to replace the phone overnight. I got the new phone two days ago, and took it into the store to transfer the data. While they said all my apps would transfer over using my gmail account, it didn't happen, and I have to manually download ever single app and widget that I'd had before. (Google Play had them listed, but not on the phone. It wasn't hard, but it was time consuming, and who has time for that??) So I got it up and running. Then this morning (day 2 of having the "new" phone), I get up, and after having it plugged in all night, the phone was 100% dead. Turns out the charge port is loose or something and if you don't have it JUST right, then it won't charge at all. I took it into the Verizon store to get ANOTHER phone, but because the first phone I returned hadn't yet been received by the factory, they couldn't get me another replacement! Their first answer was "sorry, we'll send another phone. It'll arrive tomorrow." In the meantime, I couldn't even get it to charge at all, and it essentially means being without a phone, which I also use for client contacts, for 24-hours.

I have since gotten some charge on it by babysitting it all day, but I can't wait for my contract to end and to get a freaking iPhone! I've been a loyal Verizon customer for years, but I will look around to see if there are any better options in my area this time.

tallllcathy
Enthusiast - Level 1

You can solve the charging problem by buying a wireless charger and using

it until your other phone comes, and then returning the wireless charger. I

did that when the jack on my last phone broke when I was on a business trip

(on the advice of a Verizon rep).

0 Likes
___vince___
Enthusiast - Level 2

DITTO FOR ME!!!! three days ago !!!!