Droid Difficulty
kneffscribe

Dear Droid Users,

I am finding that the Droid is amazing on email, great with navigation, but puzzling for simple phone functions, which surprised me.  My only conclusion is that there must be secrets I do not know; if not, I am going to be very disappointed with this phone.

1) Ez phone call ending - I could end anything on my Voyager with a press on the bottom right hand corner...ez.  Where is the ez end call on the Droid?

2) One button push on my Voyager brought up a new text message...or a contact name to call.  Click, click, done.  Please direct me to the click, click, done for my Droid -- text message, or phone call.  One touch and I get...email addresses or FB friends.

3) After using the backup system on verizonwireless.net, I am pleased that my same voice message is there.  And, as I said, the email is amazing.  But, my all the phone numbers in my list that are not on Google come up as numbers only.  I don't recognize who is calling me because there are no names attached!  Problem.

4) Finally, it is not clear to me how the minutes on my phone are affected by Pandora or Navigation and what might be the preferred plan to get through the month with enough minutes.

Thanks for your help,

New Droid Ditz

0 Likes
Re: Droid Difficulty
PDESCENZA

Not to seem unhelpful.  But do yourself a favor and read the DROID User Manual.  There's a wealth of information in it.  You'll be amazed at what the DROID can do!  I've used a lot of Smartphone/PDAs in my time, and I have to say that this is the best, hands down!  Here's a link to a google search for "droid user manual": <http://www.google.com/search?q=droid+user+manual&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&i...=>

Best of Luck,

Happy DROID user!

0 Likes
Re: Droid Difficulty
janecappy

As far as I know Pandora and the other are included in the 30$ price....Yes, there is a LEARNING curve on this phone; NOT as easy as "just any old phone"---I was sent home and told "Play with it"; half true!!! I DID order the manual as there is a 1-800 # to do this  (in the literature U recvd. with the phone). VERY helpful stuff in there!!! You need it with this amazing phone!!! I am still learning new "tricks" to navigate the phone call pad!!! Sounds like things did not transfer (sync) properly on your phone if U see no names, etc.---found the 800 # for u----229-1235.....it is absolutely necessary to have the manual (my opinion) to get the phone where U want it.

Keep Playing and order the manual....

Jane

0 Likes