Droid GSM
Reusable

From what I've read, Verizon will not be offering a CDMA/GSM version (like the Black Berry Tour) anytime soon.  Apparently, we'll be forced to have our phones unlocked when we travel to Europe on business.  We can then remove the Verizon SIM card and replace it with a local card.  What a hassle.

Get with it Verizon!

0 Likes
Re: Droid GSM
danDroid

The Droid was announced for the O2 network and it will be GSM compatible: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-news/180-motorola-milestone-germanys-motorola-droid.html

Reusable wrote:

From what I've read, Verizon will not be offering a CDMA/GSM version (like the Black Berry Tour) anytime soon.  Apparently, we'll be forced to have our phones unlocked when we travel to Europe on business.  We can then remove the Verizon SIM card and replace it with a local card.  What a hassle.

Get with it Verizon!

0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

Reusable wrote:

Get with it Verizon!

While you are correct that VZW will not offer a CDMA/GSM version of Android devices I think you're misunderstanding something. If the device is CDMA only there is NO SIM card. You can't unlock it. Most European countries are GSM only so your CDMA Android won't work there no matter what you do. So again, CDMA = NO SIM Card. GSM = SIM Card.

Sorry to be the barer of more bad news.

0 Likes
Reusable

Thank  you...at least I know the right questions to ask. 

0 Likes