Droid Incredible 2 Echo while talking on the phone
dissious

Anyone else have this issue?

When using my wife's Droid Incredible 2, you can hear your voice over the person on the phone while you talk. It is almost like the phone microphone is too sensitive. I have tried adjusting the call volumes, I turned off all the headset mic amp and voice amps as suggested on the support forums, and I even tried changing the phone configuration by setting all the hardware to communicate only via CDMA and still no dice.

I did some googling on this and it seems this is a problem with the Incredible 2's in general, but google/htc/verizon will not comment on this or provide an update. We are on our third Incredible 2 in the past month, and each one has had this issue. The Verizon store keeps giving us the bs run around of, "your past 15 days to exchange it, even though the phone echo is so bad you cannot talk on it for more than ten seconds."

I just wish we could exchange the phone instead of dealing with this garbage run around customer service. The phone is great other than you cannot really talk on it....

Here is the link I found on the issue by courtesy of the HTC forums:

http://community.htc.com/na/htc-forums/android/f/124/p/11431/49895.aspx#49895

0 Likes
Re: Droid Incredible 2 Echo while talking on the phone
dissious

Forgot to add this to my main post. I use a Droid Incredible and when I talk into my phone, I do not have any echo or cannot hear my voice at all. I only hear the person I am talking to.

0 Likes
Re: Droid Incredible 2 Echo while talking on the phone
JonDoh
Contributor - Level 1

Every Verizon phone I've ever owned has had this problem.  I believe it's the way Verizon over compresses the cells in order to get by with fewer problems that causes the problem.  I was with a GSM provider for six years and when the company I worked for entered into an agreement with VZ that made me switch carriers the difference in sound quality was like night and day.  The GSM carrier was like listening to music in stereo while Verizon's sound was like mono - tinny with no depth of quality or richness.  I notice the sound is louder on Verizon phones, no doubt an attempt to mask the poor sound quality. 

0 Likes