Droid Incredible 2 won't turn on or charge, had this problem before...
Paradoxer411

I have had this problem one or two other times, and it progressively got worse. First it froze with nothing on the screen, but the back-light was still on. I removed the battery and replaced it, and it worked fine. A few months later, it did this same thing, but the battery trick wasn't working, so i tried cleaning off the terminals, which did the trick but i still ended up doing a factory reset. This time, it doesn't seem to respond to anything. I cleaned the terminals, let it sit overnight just incase some weird demon got into it =P, and it still wont respond to either charging or the power button. My brother has the same phone, and I tried his battery and it didn't make a difference. I have never dropped the phone, got it wet, severely thrown it across a football feild, etc. It has been in an Otterbox case that has not even seen the likes of a floor. What else can I do? If i do take it back to Verizon will i be eligible for a replacement? (I do think this is some sort of manufacturor's defect, unless i contracted some strange virus from an app or something of that nature) Any help is appreciated!

0 Likes
Re: Droid Incredible 2 won't turn on or charge, had this problem before...
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi Paradoxer411,

I can only imagine the frustration this would be causing.  I would love to help.

These type of symptoms are usually a result of an application(s).  Have you installed any type of Antivirus applications?  If so, let me suggest uninstalling the application.  These apps have been known to cause these types of symptoms on Android devices.

You also mentioned that you use an Otterbox case with your DROID Incredible 2; have you tested the device without the Otterbox case to see if the issues persist?

Let me know how this works out for you.

Thanks,

AnthonyTa_VZW

VZW Support

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
KatzPhones
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had the same type problem - except I woke up to a completely dead phone, no damage, nothing, ever, I am really good at taking care of my cell phones, I guard them with my life because of their being so fragile.  I had the phone charging on my nightstand overnight as usual, and it will do nothing, took it to Verizon, they examined it, saw no signs of damage, just would not come on, it's just dead.  Never had any kind of problems like that with a phone before.  Plus they won't let me get the phone I want without paying full price for it.  I've been a Verizon customer since before it became Verizon! My phone has my life in it, I can do nothing, had to go back to a flip phone that I had with no date, and it's a dinosaur, an old razor~! I'm very dissapointed in Verizon not allowing me to upgrade before January 2013 - I am shopping around for another carrier and possibly even a no contract service - I've had it with trying to stick by companies and being loyal.  The first time I really needed them to help me out, they dropped me in the grease like a bad habit! There seems to be no other way to get around this.  The HTC Incr 2, just died for no reason at all.  I really am upset about this, I have to have a cell phone for work, I can never be without one! I'm very worried about even purchasing a phone for fear that it could happen again and then I would be really stuck, again with no phone and in a contract that won't let me upgrade without paying $600 to $700 for a smartphone that might do the same thing that this phone did!

skisotope
Enthusiast - Level 1

It sounds like my problem may be similar. I was listening to music when the music stopped, the phone turned off and will not turn back on or indicate that it's charging when plugged into a USB cable or wall charger. I've tried removing the battery multiple times, and nothing has changed. What else can I do?

KatzPhones
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was unable to do anything at all, had to use my old razor that older than

dirt! I unfortunately will have to buy a replacement phone or add a new line

altogether to have a smartphone that works. Will never buy another HTC

phone and I was a big fan of HTC, not anymore, sorry I don't have any better

advice to offer, I can't get any help either!

0 Likes
ghm265
Enthusiast - Level 1

My wife just had the same issue. Verizon store personnel were a waste of time. I find it interesting that the response from verizon on this discussion board is to try uninstalling an application. The phone won't do anything, how can one remove the application if it won't even power up?

Amazing how many people have the identical issue. Maybe a class action lawsuit? Since Verizon isn't publicly stating there is a problem.

Tonyy

HAving the same problem phone will not charge tried multiple chargers and no luck my wife had the same problem with same phone and seeing lots of other people are to. Verizon what are you doing to correct this problem?

0 Likes
semartone

Prettykitty, thank you!  I'm pretty sure your binder clip trick is working!  At first, it kept blinking orange, then it went orange.  I have had my phone past the warranty period and it just started doing this about a week ago, losing battery power, not charging.  yeah, I'm eligible for an upgrade, but who wants the hassle of changing everything over  ( and I don't care what they tell you, you DO lose stuff everytime!!!)  and learning a new phone.  I like my phone, I'm comfortable with it, it's got all my STUFF on it, and I don't want a new one !!  I don't know how long this will last, and I will back it all up JUST IN CASE if I can get it to turn on again, but I appreciate your quick little fix. \

ohh... and whoever the idiot is who keeps saying to do a hard reset... PLEASE tell me how to do a hard reset if the dang thing won't even turn on???

0 Likes