Droid Incredible 2
jessejames1980

Best piece of advice I could give anyone purchasing a new phone from Verizonwireless, is under no circumstances do you listen to what the paid representative has to say about choosing an Android phone vs an Apple phone.  These reps are told to hype the android products vs the Apple products.

It was a year and a half ago that I was able to upgrade from my old smartphone to a newer more current one.  The best choices at the time were the Droid Incredible 2 or the Iphone.  Now that I look back on the issue the rep was really pushing the Android phone, and putting down the Apple phone.  From the day that I got this phone I was not at all satisfied.  My old phone I was able to close applications that I was no longer using, with this pos I am not able to do such.  The phone is constantly running apps that I have not chosen to run.  If I would have stayed with the original battery the max life it would last without a charge and go to completely dead was 4 hours.  So I bought a deep cycle battery, this allows the phone to run a total of 8 hours.,

However there are other factors that have come to my attention since purchasing this device, firstly if you purchase an Android device expect to receive software updates for the phone for a maximum of a year at most.   They don't tell you when you purchase the device that they will eventually stop making updates for the product.  Then after being told that I could not exchange my Android phone for an Iphone which is what I really wanted, Verizon rolled out a nice new policy this year, basically Verizon will not offer me any discounts towards the purchase of a new device.  So essentially I would have to pay full retail price for a new phone, which the average cost for a phone out of pocket full retail price is around $500.00 - $600.00 which is ludicrous.  The reason for this is simple, I am grandfathered into a data plan which I pay $30.00 a month for unlimited data, this was offered to me years before companies began setting data usage limits on plans.  So if they sell me a discounted phone, they think this gives them the right to change my data plan to one with a cap limit.

Don't get me wrong its not like I run a high data usage rate to begin with, the most I use within a 30 day period at maximum is between 2-3 gigs.  That is not the point for me, I feel like they are changing my contract mid contract and basically penalizing me for having had a plan in existence before they set data limits. 

Makes me glad that I only have 3 months left on my contract.  I have been a customer of Verizon for at least 8 years now.  I contacted them several months ago about this issue.  They very politely told me the same thing over again, basically not caring at all what I had just explained, they simply stated the options are to buy a phone at full price and have it activated on the Verizon network, or get a discounted phone and have my data usage changed.

Well to this I say, bye, I will take my business elsewhere.  I just got offered a new phone on the Sprint network, which comes close to the rate I am paying now with unlimited data. 

So know this, at the end of the day Verizon does not really care about it customers, and is driving away customers to their competitors.  

my final thoughts:  DO NOT BUY AN ANDROID PHONE!

0 Likes