Droid Incredible Issues since 4.08.605.2 OTA update
rickmktg

I went through the ridiculous process of getting my phone updated to 2.3.4 and the 4.08.605.2 update.  Deleted apps to free memory, cleared cache, then changed the system date.  I'm now all updated and haven't seen the "Low Memory" issue since.

However, I have two new issues:

1) When I shut down the phone at night, it sometimes doesn't shut down.  I come down in the morning to discover it has been running all night.  I don't know if this is a standby mode or something, but it's very annoying.  The phone used to vibrate when shutting down and never does that now.

2) When hitting the back arrow on the browser to go to a previous page, the app often crashes throwing me back to the home screen.  Never happened before the update.

Thanks for any thoughts.

0 Likes
Re: Droid Incredible Issues since 4.08.605.2 OTA update
nimiaj
Contributor - Level 3

@rickmktg,

1) Answer to your first problem. With 2.3.4 HTC introduced a new feature called Fast boot. What this does is that it puts your phone is a low level hibernate mode when you "Power Off". So when you turn it on again, it turns on under 3-5 seconds literally! It's that fast. If you want to disable this so that your phone shuts down "really", go to menu->settings->applications and uncheck the Fast boot option at the very bottom.

2) I have not faced any browser crash issues since the update, but I had done a factory reset before the udpate (my own choice). Best I can tell you is to try and perform a "clear cache" and "clear data" on your browser. NOTE: CLEAR DATA will DELETE all your bookmarks. So be prepared to re-do all the bookmarks at the least. For the browser, I can't tell you for sure if this will solve your problem, but worth a try. Another reason that your browser just shuts off can be that it is reaching a very high memory limit, and you are running low on RAM. See if you have too many background apps running, or when this happens if you are doing a lot of heavy duty browsing.

Hope this helps!

0 Likes
RacerGurl11
Enthusiast - Level 2
I have had the same issues. I have turned the fast boot off because my phone would randomly turn on and off at night. Since I have turned it off, no issues.

My internet always crashes. I can be on one page and it will shut the internet down, go to my home screeen and when I go back on the internet it is on my internet home page. I did the factory reset before this upgrade also. So it looks like factory reset or not it is going to happen. I have also had another issue where I go to long into some websites and it days no cookies enabled and they are. I have to firm the phone off and back on. I never had any issues until this update
0 Likes
rickmktg
Thanks on the Fastboot.
I will keep an eye on browser.
0 Likes
YaleK_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello RacerGurl11,

I would like to make sure the web browser on your phone is functioning as it should! As you stated you completed a master reset before the update but have you completed one since? Have you attempted clearing the cache of your browser even though you did start with a fresh install? Have you attempted using a 3rd party browser to see if it shuts down as well? Do any other apps seem to do the same? I look forward to hearing back from you to get this resolved. If needed, please PM you name and cell number. I will be happy to troubleshot further.

0 Likes
ricklw

Just a quick thank you. I finally was able to do the update because of these instructions. Thanks. Does seem and update should be more automatic.

0 Likes
TxLynBee

After a week of the update, I noticed last night that the ringtones assigned to some family members and friends were set to the my main ringtone.  I tried to reassign their respective ringtones, but I got a warning saying, "Sorry, the playback license is not valid."  I DO NOT want to delete it and buy those ringtones again!  

Help and/or suggestions would be appreciative. 

0 Likes