Droid Incredible No Longer Available??
cherokeesv

I've been wanting to get two Droid Incredibles, but waiting until my renewal period was up. Now that it is, the phone isn't on the Verizon site anymore. What gives? No longer available? Verizon themself was of little help. Anybody know?

Ed

0 Likes
Re: Droid Incredible No Longer Available??
budone
Legend

I seem to remember the EOL (End of life) for the Incredible was to be this week.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Yep it it was declared EOL on Tuesday at least on android central.

Rumors of the DROID Incredible 2 coming in April though.

http://www.androidcentral.com/droid-incredible-reaches-end-life-dinc-2-might-be-just-over-horizon

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
dimap
Contributor - Level 1

Alas, the Noble and Stately Droid Incredible, through all it's phases (OLED/SLED) having been with us though thick and thin (ext/std battery) is no longer with us. Long Live the Incredible!!

(Especially as my understanding is that the Incredible 2 won't have LTE :smileysad:((

0 Likes
bacondude

You can still get them through wirefly.

0 Likes
jcbag97

Our local Verizon store we could still by the Incredible (while supplies last)

0 Likes
nysurf1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Does anyone know how long it may take once an EOL is announced on an original and the next generation phone comes out?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Treat as rumors only.

http://phandroid.com/2011/03/30/verizons-spring-roadmap-leaked-april-full-of-androids-with-samsung-d...

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
LetsgoFishing
Contributor - Level 1

Ed, I was like you; waiting to get the DINC. I decided to do the early upgrade and get it. Went to a local store to purchase but they were extremely busy. Told the VZW rep I was there for the upg to the DINC. The VZW rep told me I may want to come back bc they were so busy.  However, I was upset b/c they NEVER told me the DINC was being discontinued.  I came back two days later; surely they knew it was going to be gone w/in 2 days.  They tried to sell me the Samsung Continuum (Galaxy S).  Went to another store few days later to see if they had it; did not & also tried to sell me that Continuum. Looks interesting but not sure. VZW rep claims its better than DINC b/c it has a much better battery life. Can anyone verify that? I asked about the DINC 2, he looked at me like I was crazy saying there is no followup to the DINC. Shall I assume he is playing dumb and wanting me to get a new phone now instead of waiting?

0 Likes
colt45

Hey there,

costco is offering the htc incredible for a penny to anyone signing up with verizon and $30 (after rebate) for anyone using a 2 year upgrade.

however when i called my local costco they said the deal ended when it's clearly listed on thair website that it's availible both in store (can vary from store to store) and online. however i could not get a answer from the guy at the store, online, or in the latest catalog on when the deal ends so i'd jump on it as soon as possible in hopes that you won't miss out. probly will have better luck going through the website...given you don't get so angry with the site that you start playing speed metal as you pulverize ur computer.

best of luck.

p.s.

it comes with a free cheap-o (from looks of it) leather carrying case if u don't got pockets or worry about cell phone radiation.

-Colt

0 Likes