Droid Incredible Not Receiving Text Messages
fatallyversatil
Enthusiast - Level 1

My Droid Phone isn't receiving text messages from anyone even though i have unlimited text messaging on my plan. Any suggestions on how to fix this problem

Re: Droid Incredible Not Receiving Text Messages
DaisyP_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello fatallyverstatil,

Text messaging is an important form of communication so I can certainly understand what an inconvenience it must be not being able to receive your text messages. Are you able them successfully? Are you using the preinstalled application on your device or a 3rd party application? If you’re using a 3rd party application, please remove the application and retest with the preinstalled application on your device. If you haven't already, I also recommend you power cycle your device.

What software build do you have? You can confirm this by going to Settings> About Phone> Software Information> Software Number. If you don’t have build number 4.08.605.2 please make sure you update to the newest software. I’m sure you’ll find this information helpful. Have a great day.

DaisyP_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

princessraye
Enthusiast - Level 1

I sprent 8 hours trying to fix this problem, found this on the net and this worked quickly. It will end up saved in your Apps and labeled as hotfix.

(I did not have to change the download settings to allow 3rd party apps as it says)  Hope this helps.

If you can't receive texts, type this address into a web browser: (dl3.htc.com/misc/inc8049.apk) After downloading and running the app (be sure you change your Download settings to allow for 3rd party app's), next click Open and you'll get a message saying your texting has been fixed!!

At first nothing happened, but I restarted my phone like another poster mentioned, and about 2 minutes after it re-started and turned on, I got all my backlogged texts and was able to receive all texts again, and thank you God!!

4harpers
Enthusiast - Level 1

this totally worked! thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I have droid incredible

Bigbolt
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yep worked perfectly with no problems that I can detect!  Thanks you saved me 2 hours of waiting at verizon!

0 Likes
HaileyyDawn

The hotfix didn't even work on mine Smiley Sad

0 Likes
arabella
Enthusiast - Level 1

Princessraye,

Thank you SO much! Smiley Happy I haven't been able to send or receive messages from my husband's Droid in 2 days.  This trick totally worked!  Thank you! Thank you!

Arabella

0 Likes
hondamxgirl

Hallelujah!!!   It WORKED!!!  No thanks to Verizon, and thanks to you instead!  Spent over an hour with 4 verizon techs on the phone the other day, they were all clueless.  And the answer is right here on their webpage!  Go figure that one!  Contract is up soon with them, thank heavens!!!  Thank you for this fix!

0 Likes
LuCkYHaLo
Enthusiast - Level 1

OMG thanks soooooooooooo much!!! This just fixed my phone!!! I have 16 missed voicemails and a bunch of texts!!!!! U are awesome!!!! Smiley Happy

0 Likes
princessraye
Enthusiast - Level 1

I don't see a response from fatallyversatil who started this thread. Hope she got her phone fixed.

To those of you I helped, you are welcome. I find this truly mind boggling. I am no phone genius! I just have a hard head and wouldn't quit looking for the answer after my local Verizon rep was of no help.

I had to go back and use that hotfix every few weeks for a few months. Really sad that no one all of us contacted at Verizon could help us out.

0 Likes