Droid Incredible seems to have Frozen on 2.2 update
MysterioMask

I just recieved the update notification tonight, and clicked yes id like to update, and everything seemed to go well, then my droid incredible screamed DROID!  at me and then sat on the droid eye screen.  its still on the droid eye screen over an hour after it first started, is it froze, what do i do now, none of the buttons work nothing seems to respond the only thing that works is the power button and all that does is turn the screen on or off.   Am I supposed to keep waiting?  or should i yank the battery out of the thing?

0 Likes
Re: Droid Incredible seems to have Frozen on 2.2 update
d20tw

I had the same Issue with mine.  It froze at the eye for about 45 minutes. I rebooted it with the power button.  It restarted and left me with nothing but problems.  Now I can't hear anything when I make a phone call. Only works through speaker.  Verizon also loaded a bunch of crap apps on there that you can't remove.  Ended up forcing me to remove my apps to make room.  Definitely a huge headache.

0 Likes
MysterioMask

After waiting even longer, i decided to yank the battery, when i put it back in and started it started fine this time.  and everything seems to be loaded and installed properly , not sure what caused the freeze but its working fine now

0 Likes
d20tw

Im glad yours is working.  I've been troubleshooting mine all day and still no luck.  Tried rebooting to completely reinstalling the software.  just trying to avoid get a refurb. my phone worked perfectly before the update

0 Likes
TLBauer3617
Contributor - Level 1

While my upgrade went smoothly, my wife's phone froze up as well.  She took it in to a VZW store the next morning, and they were able to get it up an running.  She said that the tech said something about having to "re-authenticate" the phone.

0 Likes