Droid Issues
pittsburghkid

For the last couple of weeks my Android has been shutting down and rebooting on its own, and it has also been freezing when I try to access the internet or even simply to go to my home screen.  There have been instances where it has froze and has not rebooted for nearly 30 minutes, went to a Verizon store last week and they told me to reprogram the phone using the factor data reset option in the privacy settings.  I tried this last night and the phone seemed to be fine but it was back to square one today as the phone froze on me for a good half hour.  Can anyone give any advice as to what I should do?

0 Likes
Re: Droid Issues
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you install any application shortly before the problem began occurring?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
portugueseprincess197
Enthusiast - Level 1

Some apps make your phone act up... unfortunately my phone has this problem as well but its def from a game app that I downloaded and because I love the game so much I just deal with the problem.

But when you do download an app, you should def "read" what you are allowing that app to do.  Most apps have access to volume controls and other settings as well.  Why apps can do this I dont know but apps do tend to make your phone act up.

Hope this some what clarifies it better for you.

0 Likes
fghtr3803

my phone is doing the same thing

0 Likes
Tripledose

I have loaded nothing, I can not even get ahold of verizon on this phone, once I go past 611, my keypad doesn't work at all Smiley Sad VERIZON, please get in touch with me please. I also would like a number I can reach someone in technical support from my home phone!. There is no phone # on the website either?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Customer Support can be reached at 1-800-922-0204 from a landline.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

I used my Droid X for two years till i got my R. Maxx.. and went through 3 OS updates and A few Maintenance updates and never had that many issues. Or like the one described here. Apps can have an effect on how the Device operates so you might try Running it in Safe Mode or as you done. Try running a F.D.R..

Here is How to Run your Droid X in Safe Mode: 

Safe Mode - DROID X by Motorola

Note Safe Mode temporarily disables all applications that have been installed via the Android Market. Performing this troubleshooting step is necessary to determine whether a 3rd party application is the cause of an Operating System / Application issue. Safe Mode should always be performed prior to a hard (factory) reset.

Enable Safe Mode

Disable Safe Mode

Enable Safe Mode

1. Press and hold the Power button.
    Power button
  2. Select Power off.
    Power off
  3. Press the Power button.
    Power button
  4. Press and hold the Menu button.
    Menu
  5. Hold the Menu button until Safe mode appears in the lower-left of the home screen.
    This may take up to 30 seconds.
    Safe mode
  6. While in Safe Mode, remove the most recently installed applications.
  7. Power cycle the device then attempt to use the device.
  8. If the device works properly, install applications one at a time to identify the application causing the problem.

Top Disabling Safe mode

1. Press and hold the Power button.
    Power button
  2. Select Power off.
    Power off
0 Likes