Droid Mini shutting down
LIZPIN93

I have a 3 yr old Droid Mini that recently started shutting down on it's own. I had purchased an after-market battery last summer.  I also had a virus scare, in which I immediately shut down, then ended up doing a factory reset on it.  It even shuts down in Safe Mode.  As for the battery, it says that it is fully charged, but then when I go to use it, it soon shuts down.  How can I tell if it is truly a battery issue, vs bad software, causing me to have to purchase another phone?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Droid Mini shutting down
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Is it an OEM battery or one from a well known manufacturer?  Or is it one of the cheap ones from Amazon or other online marketplace?  A lot of those cheap batteries are not made up to spec and can cause a lot of issues.  The cheapest step would be to buy a new battery, but make sure it's from the manufacturer.  If it still has problems, the device is the source of your trouble.

0 Likes
Re: Droid Mini shutting down
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LIZPIN93, I can understand your concern when your device is shutting down on its own, and you’ve reached the right place for help. I do have a couple questions regarding your device so make sure that we’re troubleshooting correctly. The Motorola Droid Mini does not have a removable battery. May I ask who replaced the battery for you? How often does the phone have this issue happen?

AdamB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes