THE DROID INCONVENIENCES: PEOPLE ANNOYED WITH MY DROID AND ME, TIME WAITING AT KIOSK OR VERIZON STORE
- Hooorrray, my upgrade date finally here. Got card of Customer Service rep.
- Son went with me to this and most of the visits because the account is "family" in his name and he followed non-user friendly menu options for 10 mins before we were back in the car and racing to the kiosk of purchase before closing time.
- asked Customer Service (CS) guy if anyone had reported this problem..."no, but then this is the first week and the Droids are flying off the shelves. "I said they sales will slow down when word gets out that these Droids are Duds. I was told technical devices are similar to cars in that it takes a year or two before the "bugs" are reported by the consumer and ironed out. I said the bugs should be ironed out before the product is distributed worldwide on the market.
- calls coming in or going out were dropped without warning or usual obvious reasons - weather, mountains, valleys, trees, deadend streets, low battery, not walking around neighborhood wavign my arm in the air to catch a signal, Half the block was outside talking on their porchses or front lawns so so why couldn't I?
- phone randomly called phones of other people in my address book when i was on opposite side of the room!
-2nd visit and another card because this was a new rep and he wanted details. I let him have all I had.
- phone randomly called contacts early in the morning or very late at night (was exused when explained i upgraded (?) to a Droid.. inappropriate word for the experiences of problems).
- after 3rd trip to diagnostics (and one more card for documetation) a customer loudly exclaimed "Ooooh, tell me about those new Droids." I told the CS guy to keep the lady on the other side of the counter or I will convince her she doesn't want a Droid." Of course, he kept us apart.
- poor reception and had to keep disconnecting and redialing with sincere apologies.
- alone and needed AAA service because phone was on charger but engine was off and a few hours went by so quickly while organizing my off street self storage unit. I called AAA but kept getting hung up on because I was not heard. Walked around big complex in every direction then toward busy state road saying "Can you hear me? Can you hear me now?"...AAA rep asked "Can you be reached at this number?" Answer: "Yes, but I won't be able to hear you because of the the loud road noise. Why what service do I need? "I left the phone in charger and now car battery is dead and needs a jump. Yes, my phone works but losing power..:
- screen froze often and CS guys said to push Power Off button...uh, are you hearing me? i said the screen FROZE and POWER OFF never was an option.
- severely inadequate reception...caller could hear me but I could not hear caller or I could hear caller but caller could not hear me or sentences were fragmented and one of us would hang up.
- after entering texts and pushing "Send" the text would remain frozen on screen, would not send, I was not able to use any other phone feature and had to Power Off to reboot or force closure...text lost..had to rewrite again doing shorter version with less detail or make the call and leave msg or use laptop e-mail and not waste time.
- 4th trip to diagnostics and asked for a rep card and a phone replacement. Asked the rep if he had experience with frustrated customers who were stressed? He said he had a few so I added one more for his break time venting, I told him it was not his fault or the others but I had enough of "maybe it's this or that" and "let's try this or that" and I deserved a working phone considering the $300 price. I was told I would have to travel 30 minutes east or west to a Verizon "store" and talk to a higher ranked customer rep and mgr who would determine if 4 trips with multiple malfunction problems would warrant a replacement.
- #4 kiosh guy gave me new chargers when I told him about the most recent inconvenice - phone would not charge after hours of being plugged indoors and had to use the car charger but phone would not charge over 60%..
#5 Verizon store - Asked the new CS rep for a card, displayed all the cards that represented CS guys I saw in person and demonstrated my phone problems, I asked if my previous visits and reported mechanical problems were recorded in the computer. What? Did you say "NO? Not even the dates?" I couldn't believe I had to repeat all the problems, what I said, what he said, who-what-when-where-why, on and on. How are the bugs going to be worked out if they're not documeted? Those serial numbers and other information I got an overnight shipped replacement that cost me $50 - always get insurance.
-This is long but I know there are some events I forgot. A few months later I am on my way to the Verizon store for another replacement. Going directly to where I will eventually be sent in the future.
I bought my Droid in January from this site. Here's a list of the problems I have had:
That's the same exact list I have, on both my Droids.
My Droid issues come from me but I have yet to have the problems which are spoken of. By the way some 3rd party apps overlay stock apps and if there are bugs you will feel them.