Droid Problems
cplatt

So I recently upgraded two of my lines to Droids. I absolutely love the phone I came from a Tour. But, I'm having a few problems, both Droids fail to ever acquire a GPS signal when trying to use Google Maps Navigation, and on Sunday one of the Droids fails to go to google.com anymore. It loads google but it is a blank page. I can go to bing, yahoo, espn without a problem. Any ideas? I called tech support they tried blaming it on google, which I know isnt true because google.com works on the other droid. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Droid Problems
cplatt

bump, nobody else is having the gps issue? I have checked and made sure the gps is on and also installed the gps widget and double checked to make sure.

0 Likes
armyone22

Have you checked your settings? Go to settings>location and security>then make sure that use GPS satellites is enabled. Also check the Privacy settings to amke sure that "Use My Location" is checked. As far as accessing Google again go to settings>accounts & Sync, and make sure that there is a google account listed there.  If there is no google account the phone will not opperate correctly, I don't know of any way that you can even remove the initial google account that is used to set up the phone but that is the only thing I can think of.  If it's not a problem with the settings, the phone may be defective and you may want to swap it out. I hope this helps.

0 Likes
tiabrook

i have the same gps problem...verizon and motorola both say it's a google problem.  i'm on my third phone, and it still doesn't work.  i haven't had any luck figuring out how to contact google, either.  and, i have double checked to be sure the gps is turned on.

0 Likes
cplatt

Every one of those options is checked. Talked to a local verizon store rep he said there was a trouble ticket on gps, some phones it is working otheres it isnt. As far as google goes i have no idea whats wrong with that.

0 Likes
cplatt

Are you on an alltel plan? because I am I have read online that the gps is currently broken on alltel plans not sure how true that is. So is anyone on an alltel plan and their nav works?

0 Likes
cplatt

Well got my google.com problem fixed, I cleared the cache from the browserm, and made it force stop. GPS problem is still there though it is quite annoying because this was one of the reasons I bought the phone was for the gps nav. Im not sure if it is because I am still on an alltel plan or not, but I wouldnt think that would make a difference for acquiring a GPS signal.

0 Likes
slewman

Had the same problem with google page being blank.  Verizon was not help but found if you  open browser and click menu than click more settings.  the bottom of the list is reset to default.   This cleared the problem and the google page is back to where it should be.

0 Likes
Maurice00

My GPS originally worked but not now. GPS is enabled in the Security settings.

0 Likes
Not applicable

There is rumored to be an OTA update Dec.11 and then one in January hopefully one of those fixes your issues.

0 Likes