Droid Ringtones
Eclyps19

I'm trying to figure out how to get an mp3 as a ringtone. I can't even seem to save an mp3 if it's been emailed to me. What's the easiest way to do this? I have a couple small wav files saved, but the ringdroid app always crashes when i try to open them :smileysad:

0 Likes
Re: Droid Ringtones
desireegwen

What I did was connect my droid to my laptop and and dragged mp3's from there onto the droid by going to my computer and selecting the phone and the appropriate folders.  I think there is a music folder.

When you connect to the laptop it will ask for a CD but I didn't get a cd so I just ignored and did what I stated above.

I hope this helps others!  Thanks for the info on the ringdroid....i will be using that as well to cut some of my songs : )

0 Likes
Eclyps19

thanks, i figured it out... I made a folder on the sd card called ringtones and one called notifications and dragged the files into them. Checked on my phone and worked like a charm!

0 Likes
Mtvmoonman

Eclyps19 wrote:

thanks, i figured it out... I made a folder on the sd card called ringtones and one called notifications and dragged the files into them. Checked on my phone and worked like a charm!

So you can now play any song as a ringtone?

0 Likes
Eclyps19

from the looks of it, yup! Any song thats in my ringtone folder. If you want a song that you downloaded off the net from your phone, you can go into the music app and longpress it to set it as a ring tone. Don't think you can it like that for individuals though (you can with they way i did it)

0 Likes
Mtvmoonman

Nice!! thanks.

0 Likes
powderhoundrich

Download a free app called Ringdroid.

You can make your own ringtones, alarms, notifications, etc from mp3's.  It's an easy, user friendly, great app, and best of all it's FREE :smileyhappy:

0 Likes