Droid - Sync with a corporate server
Bandit

Everything I have read indicates that the Motorola Droid will sync with my corporate emails.  But.....Verizon call in and the rep at the store have indicated the phone needs to sync through gmail and it won't work with my corporate server.  Would like to have the Droid but otherwise I am going to go with the TouchPro 2.  Any thoughts?

0 Likes
Re: Droid - Sync with a corporate server
jeffgman

Bandit wrote:

Everything I have read indicates that the Motorola Droid will sync with my corporate emails.  But.....Verizon call in and the rep at the store have indicated the phone needs to sync through gmail and it won't work with my corporate server.  Would like to have the Droid but otherwise I am going to go with the TouchPro 2.  Any thoughts?

Both the Droid and the Droid Eris can sync with POP/IMAP and an Exchange server.  I am using the Droid Eris with an Exchange server myself.

Jeff

0 Likes
tomv20158974

I am using my Droid with exchange server. Set up was seamless and has worked flawlessly.

0 Likes
droid-the-noid

I have tried connecting to POP3 servers. It connects fine and download emails the first time but does not update at regular interval as set in account settings.

Anyone seen this problem. I have tried both POP3 and IMAP settings since my email host supports both. No luck.

0 Likes
Jbasford

My Droid is synced with Gmail and the exchange server at work.  It was as easy as could be.  No issues and works GREAT!!:smileyhappy:

0 Likes
JasonJoel
Enthusiast - Level 2

Droid can sync with corporate Exchange servers out of the box. Although if your corporate exchange server requires high security policies (like remote wipe and PIN #) then you will need to buy an app called Touchdown to get it to work.

If you want to sync with a LOCAL Outlook (not corproate Exchange server), it does not do that out of the box. There are a number of workarounds, including syncing Outlook -> Gmail and then Gmail -> Droid.

Jason

0 Likes
CAP

I use an exchange server and it works fine on Droid.   If you can access your exchange email on the web you use the same web address and password in the Droid

0 Likes
Bandit

Thanks for all of your help!  I bought the phone today and am up and running with my corporate emails.  As recommended on other posts I didn't pay the extra 15.00 per month to access corporate accounts and it still works great.  Thanks gain.

0 Likes
kdotzdotz

I have a new DROID...I set up the Exchange connection...calendar synchs perfectly but I have no email connection and no contacts.  I even went so far as to reset my phone to factory defaults and start from scratch.  It says that the set-up is completed successfully but when I do a refresh or look at email screen after set-up it is blank!!!

Besides these forums, does Verizon provide any help for this phone at all?  I am getting FRUSTRATED! (did this at least 5 times now!!!)

0 Likes
kestrou

Just unwrapped my Droid and am (unsuccessfully) so far trying to synch with Exchange 2003/SP2...

While adding the account, It gets to "Checking incoming server settings...", tries for about 30 seconds, then prompts "Cannot connect to server."

Have tried both with and without SSL, no joy...

Have tried the direct name (which resolves to the IP) and an "http://...." webbrowser address (we can access via "Outlook Web Access", which looks like Outlook in a browser), no joy...

I know that our Exchange Server is behind a firewall, and quite possibly I need to open a TCP port (or two) - but don't know which ones.

Any help out there from the lucky dogs that got instant connnections?! :smileyhappy:

0 Likes