Re: Droid Texts Go To The Wrong Person
mackenzie8701
0 Likes
kel21leann

Do you have the link to the FCC site you are speaking of! I have this problem all the time

0 Likes
Mosox42

Just started having this issue on my Thunderbolt. 

0 Likes
dimap
Contributor - Level 1

I'm starting to get them on my 3G computer modem. Which I nevr use for texting lol.

0 Likes
TominqueBo_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello Mosox42,

I know this issue can be a bit frustrating at times.  HTC is aware of this and are working hard to provide a resolution asap.  This fix will most likely be in a form of a software update.  I do not have an exact date, but a resolution will be available soon.  Thank you.  

0 Likes
private1952
Enthusiast - Level 1

It's very obvious that Verizon employees are "Trained" NOT to acknowledge that there is a problem with the Droid 2 sending text messages to the wrong contact. The question now is, "What are we (the comsumer) going to do about it?" Will we continue to tolerate this potential "serious" problem and pay for a service we are not receiving, or do stand together and force Verizion to "at least" acknowledge that there is a problem? 

I am a reasonable person and I understand that nothing is perfect, but for a reputable company to flatly deny that they have no knowledge of a problem that's so widespread...that's downright inconsiderate and show a lack of appreciation for the consumer. Sorry, just no other way to view it:manindifferent:

Not applicable

Private1952, thank you for sharing your concerns and I agree that this is a serious problem. We certainly don't deny that this issue exists on several devices. This issue has been seen on several different Android devices across all carriers. It has been addressed to Google multiple times. From what we have seen thru testing, this issue has been resolved with the Gingerbread update. If you are still having this issue and have received Gingerbread on your phone, we will need to do more troubleshooting on your device. When was the last time you noticed this happen? Does the phone seem to freeze before sending a message to the wrong person? If so, try clearing cache from your Messaging application. 

0 Likes