Droid Touch Screen going NUTS
bevans8686

I have the OG Droid and all of a sudden my touch screen goes all over the place and does things without any touch at all.  Is this the start of the end for the old Droid?   I am able to upgrade but was going to wait for Droid Bionic.  Not sure I can wait that long now.   Maybe the Thunderbolt.   I am not buying the stupid Iphone either.  So hopefully something comes out soon because everything out that isnt an Iphone is old or my Droid starts working better and I can wait the Bionic out.  

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Droid Touch Screen going NUTS
GinaH_VZW
Contributor - Level 3

Thank you AZSALUKI for your help. A factory reset should resolve the problem. The issue you have described about random movement of your screen is known to be caused by anti-virus apps.   You should uninstall the app from the Google Market menu under your Downloads. If you do the master factory reset be sure not to redownload the app. 

Please let us know if you need further troubleshooting steps.
GinaH_VZWSupport

Thank you AZSALUKI for your help. A factory reset should resolve the problem. The issue you have described about random movement of your screen is known to be caused by anti-virus apps.   You should uninstall the app from the Google Market, press the Menu key --> Downloads. If you do the master factory reset be sure not to redownload the app if it was previously downloaded. Please let us know if you need further troubleshooting steps.

GinaH_VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend
Have you tried pulling the battery and recalibrating the screen? Also, you could try a factory reset (make sure you back up everything you want). Just got to get through a few more months to have a choice of new droids! Or, if nothing works, activate an old phone for a while or look for somethin cheap on eBay or Craigslist.
0 Likes
GinaH_VZW
Contributor - Level 3

Thank you AZSALUKI for your help. A factory reset should resolve the problem. The issue you have described about random movement of your screen is known to be caused by anti-virus apps.   You should uninstall the app from the Google Market menu under your Downloads. If you do the master factory reset be sure not to redownload the app. 

Please let us know if you need further troubleshooting steps.
GinaH_VZWSupport

Thank you AZSALUKI for your help. A factory reset should resolve the problem. The issue you have described about random movement of your screen is known to be caused by anti-virus apps.   You should uninstall the app from the Google Market, press the Menu key --> Downloads. If you do the master factory reset be sure not to redownload the app if it was previously downloaded. Please let us know if you need further troubleshooting steps.

GinaH_VZWSupport

0 Likes
bevans8686

Oh wow Gina that really worked!   Thank you!   My menu button on the bottom 4 buttons still doesnt respond but the screen works perfectly now!   Thank you

0 Likes
cisbrane

this did not solve my issues, i have no such programs on my phone.

My screen is just instead going insane.

0 Likes
Titus_Black

I'm still having issues as mentioned above! If there are issues with an anti virus program, then what's the use in having one in the first place? I have Lookout on my phone, I've performed a factory reset on my phone, and I'm still having issues even AFTER performing the reset! No programs re-installed as of this posting, and I'm still having issues! I have a feeling this more of a hardware issue than a software issue. These issues did not occur until AFTER the last update to FRK76! I believe this update has caused a software/hardware integration malfunction issue! I think Verizon needs to find another way to fix this issue than put out a 'factory reset fixes all problems' response!

0 Likes