Re: Droid Ultra: Messaging stops; won't send images, long receive time...
RGilbert
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is anyone answering anymore? Or did everyone just give up because every Ultra owner has this problem and it's easier not to deal?

0 Likes
linds_pang
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's apparently easier not to deal - my fix/last resort was a hard reset, and I got no real solutions to allow me to do otherwise. If you're desperate, the hard reset did fix my problems (albeit a pain to do).

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the information and I know this is frustrating RGilbert. Have you performed a hard reset on your devicce? If so you may need a replacement phone. Is your device under the 1year manufactures warranty?

KInquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RGilbert,

Thank you for all the troubleshooting you have done. We greatly appreciate it. Since you have done all of the main troubleshooting steps our next step would be to reset the device. Here are the steps to follow http://vz.to/1jB9JtF.

RobinD_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
RGilbert
Enthusiast - Level 2

I gave upon help here and called tech support... 48minutes later I have a new phone on the way.

softballmom88
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since the most recent update on my Motorola Ultra I can not send or receive multimedia messages either.  It is quite frustrating.  I have tried everything.  It doesn't work!!!!!  What happened????

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get to the bottom of this softballmom88! I know how important it is to be able to send those precious pictures! Is Wi-Fi enabled on your device? If so, please disable, and attempt the MMS message again.

Thank you,
MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Slidstuck
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had these problems and then some, around the time of an update in February. The biggest issue seemed to be that my messaging was using over 30% of my battery life-really abnormal. I was down to 2 hrs of battery life a day on a 5 week old phone!!! I also had ghost messages. Notification of a message, but no unopened message. The IT tech walked me through everything including a factory reset. It was better for a few weeks, then back to crap again. Oh, and it still happens. fantastic. Any resolutions besides sending the phone back only to have this happen again?

0 Likes
Slidstuck
Enthusiast - Level 1

Is it still an issue for you? I have had this problem since Feb. Went through the troubleshooting you did, and then a factory reset twice. I still have issues with this.

0 Likes
MadameFox
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon please actually do something... Asking everyone if they have done the same troubleshooting BS is not helping. Obviously people are still having issues. This is even the reason I made an account. We are paying to be able to send and receive pictures and it sounds like most people randomly had this happen after the update, meaning they didn't break it, you did. Have your engineers and software people go through whatever they did and find the problem, issue another update that deletes the last one, DO SOMETHING! I have had so many weird things happening to my phone the last year or so and even got a new phone but it looks like instead I should get a new service.