Droid Update failed on Droid 2 Global
Droid2GlobalTim

Sorry if there is already a thread on this, but I did not see one. I just installed the most recent Droid update on my Droid 2 Global and it failed. By which I mean after reboot it hangs up on a screen with the following text:

BootLoader

D0.11

Err:A5,70,00,00,23

Battery OK

OK to Program

Connect USB

Data Cable

When I connect a USB Cable to my Macbook Air Pro, the last part of the screen changes to say:

Transfer Mode:

USB

My Mac, of course, does nothing. This looks like some sort of boot up error message, and it is coming up in a mode where if I knew what to do I might be able to recover.

Any thoughts?

Is there a way to revert?

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
Re: Droid Update failed on Droid 2 Global
victorbraga98
Contributor - Level 1

I had the same problem when I updated mine from 2.2 to 2.3, what you have to do is turn it off or pull the battery out and leave it out for at least 10 seconds, then try again, that should work!

0 Likes
tjtoates
Enthusiast - Level 1

no way to revert, take to verizon store, see if they can reflash

0 Likes
huganrse

This killed my phone today. Tried to install the update and now the phone is dead and I have to buy a new phone..

0 Likes
chiefillini

This happened to my phone as well...  it is toast and a new phone is being sent.  Customer service at the store was horrible.  Laid out my options but would not tell me what I would get for the $100 deductible to take a phone today.  really...

0 Likes
erinking23692

I did the update this morning and my phone has been ridiculous ever since. It acts possessed and goes through random functions--internet, various apps, etc. all on its own, locks up, shuts off, etc. Do either of you know if there's anything I can try to fix it??

0 Likes
folingo

My Droid 2 Global was flaky and buggy after the Gingerbread update back in 2011.  I found that doing a factory reset really cleaned it up and even noticed several screens were different.  This apparently clears out the "upgrade" and loads the clean Gingerbread system.  This clears out all your apps which the upgrade does not, but you can re-load them via the Google Play.

My Droid 2 Global ultimately went crazy about a month after the last update in Feb 2012? the touch screen was firing off commands opening things trying to dial etc..  Even doing a hard reset did nothing Verizon replace the phone as a Warranty/Defective issue and the refurb came without the update.  Did the upgrade and a reset after ver 4.5.629 android 2.3.4 so far so good.  Been picky on what apps to re-load now.

0 Likes