Droid X Battery Draining Fast since Update / Upgrade
BirdManOfCT

Ever since the recent update / upgrade, my Droid X has been draining faster than normal. It goes from 100% to 90% about normal, then drops more quickly to 60%, then plummets to 20% to 5% range. I did buy a fresh OEM battery and tried it today, but am getting similar results. Although it may be too soon to tell with the new battery, I'm thinking it's not the battery. It could be the phone, it's getting old. But, I'm wondering if the update / upgrade is the culprit. I heard that it's the first update / upgrade in 18 months, could be, but that might be why it's been OK for a while. Any suggestions?

0 Likes
Re: Droid X Battery Draining Fast since Update / Upgrade
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BirdManOfCT,

Getting the most out your battery life is definitely important!

I researched this and did not find it to be a known issue with this devices after the recent SW update. You mentioned you replaced the battery. Have you noticed a different with the new battery?

Keep me posted if the issue persist with the new battery.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
STRINGMUSIC

It has been happenng on mine after recent OS Update - Battery life is suddenly 1/2 or less than what it was, also camera function & video function do not work...I can hardly wait until somethng important doesn't function checking for updates just spins chasing it's own tail -for mnutes Frustrated with "Verizon System Update"  thinking it is a plan to have us upgrade the hardware. I change carriers first - I take care of my equipment and well maintained equipment out lasts its average service life.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

STRINGMUSIC, it sounds like you have a lot of going on with your device. Have you downloaded a few 3rd party applications to your phone? Some application software can affect the performance of your batter life and device. I recommend that you uninstall a few applications and power your device off/on to soft reset it. Keep us posted.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes