Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Droid X E-Mail, Re-Starting, and Connection Issues
Johanna0828

Hello. I have had my Droid X for a few months now and I haven't had any problems until recently. About two days ago, I stopped receiving e-mails. I have tried to remove the account and re-add it, but so far nothing has worked. I get about 30 e-mails a day, and not a single one has come through.

Also, my phone seems to be re-booting itself. I do not constantly use it, so it may be doing it more than I notice. Sometimes if I just leave the phone sit and walk away, when I come back it is re-booting. In looking through these forums, this looks like a common problem for many people.

I also am having a difficult time with connection. If I have blue 3G, the phone still does not seem to work right (text messages fail to send), and the white is very slow. I also have a hard time getting any arrows at all under the 3G symbol. I do not know if this is a phone issue or simply a service issue.

I do not know what an advanced task killer is, but I am guessing it is an app (I perused the forums to see if I could find an answer before posting). I do not have it installed, so I know that it can't be what is causing my issues.

If anyone can help me with anything, I would be very appreciative. Thank you!

0 Likes
Re: Droid X E-Mail, Re-Starting, and Connection Issues
Cody21

So many quesitons, so little time ... lol ...   (PS - Best to enter separate threads for separate issues. You'll likely get fast/better responses / help. )

----------------------------------------------------------------

Hello. I have had my Droid X for a few months now and I haven't had any problems until recently. About two days ago, I stopped receiving e-mails. I have tried to remove the account and re-add it, but so far nothing has worked. I get about 30 e-mails a day, and not a single one has come through.

Try removing the account, the perform the CLEAR CACHE procedure, then set up your account again.

• Power off
  • Power On Holding Home Key
  • When Andy with Exlamation Point Shows up Press BOTH Volume keys
  • Use Volume Keys to navigate to "wipe cache partition" and tap power button to select
  • Wait for it to finish and select reboot system

Also, my phone seems to be re-booting itself. I do not constantly use it, so it may be doing it more than I notice. Sometimes if I just leave the phone sit and walk away, when I come back it is re-booting. In looking through these forums, this looks like a common problem for many people.

Not sure if this is "common" or not - just that people come to this forum when they DO have problems. Likely that there are many more people NOT having this issue. Self re-booting is *usually* caused by a rogue APP. At least that has been my own experieince. I haven't had an unexpected self-reboot in months.  Others will likely say it is a GB issue.  So how to try to solve? If it happens many times throughout the day, you could try running in SAFE MODE for an extended period of time to see if the problem goes away. If it DOES go away, you most likley have a bad APP causing your grief. At that point it's time to start uninstalling APPS until the problem goes away. To begin, see if that CLEAR CAHCE procedure has any positive impact on the problem. Another approach would be to just do a Factory Reset. Many people have had great success by doing this procedure after receiving GB. Use Search up above for both of those procedures - or yell if you can't find the procedures.

I also am having a difficult time with connection. If I have blue 3G, the phone still does not seem to work right (text messages fail to send), and the white is very slow. I also have a hard time getting any arrows at all under the 3G symbol. I do not know if this is a phone issue or simply a service issue.

Blue means it has a connection of some sort -- it may not be a STRONG connection, but you're in communication with a cell tower. White means you lost that connection. If you're bouncing between Blue & White , you're having communication issues.  Have you done the *228 option #2 thing to update your PRL?  Some suggest doing that once a month. There are also free APPs out there that give you more meaningful information for how good a signal you have. I use one called "OpenSignal".  When I'm having trouble with data or signal strength, I launch it to see what IT tells me.

I do not know what an advanced task killer is, but I am guessing it is an app (I perused the forums to see if I could find an answer before posting). I do not have it installed, so I know that it can't be what is causing my issues.

If anyone can help me with anything,

There are 2 camps on ATK. Some use them, others (Me) do not. The operating system is designed to self-manage it's memory & apps. These ATK's take some customization and if done wrong, you'll just make matters worse. Best to trouble-shoot the phone (the aforementioned steps) and try to get it to settloe down first, IMHO. You can Search here in the forum for those discussions on ATK.

Good luck. Let us know how it goes.

0 Likes