Re: Droid X Locking up and Rebooting
Wildman
Legend

I agree that rebooting was a issue with 2.1 but since 2.2 and 2.2.1 updates I haven't had this issue, I have over 40 apps installed in my device with a large amount of my own custom apps and I haven't noticed and reboot issue with my device ....  I wont say the device is flawless but I just think there is to many users that act like there is a such thing as a device with no issues.  There never will be one.. To be honest after hearing what some users put their device through I am surprised devices even work at all at times. :smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes
shephound

I'm having this problem too with my new droid x - had it for about a week now.  Happened 13 times yesterday.  I reset the phone back to its initial state and did not load any new apps or anything, and it still happens.   Have tried it with an ATK type of product and that has not made a difference.  Right now the phone is exactly as it was out-of-the-box but it still happens.  I'm ready to just dump this crap and go back to just a phone that I can use to make/receive calls.  Everyone told me how much I'd love this thing - so far it's just been a lot more frustration that I don't need.

0 Likes
AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

shephound wrote:

I'm having this problem too with my new droid x - had it for about a week now.  Happened 13 times yesterday.  I reset the phone back to its initial state and did not load any new apps or anything, and it still happens.   Have tried it with an ATK type of product and that has not made a difference.  Right now the phone is exactly as it was out-of-the-box but it still happens.  I'm ready to just dump this crap and go back to just a phone that I can use to make/receive calls.  Everyone told me how much I'd love this thing - so far it's just been a lot more frustration that I don't need.

We are sorry to learn of the phone reset issues outlined on your post. Please be assured that if your phone is within the 12 month manufacturer's warranty we will be happy to provide you with a Certified Like New Replacement at no cost to you once we complete some trouble shooting by phone. Please find the Certified Like New Replacement process details at the link below:

Certified Like-New Replacement

If your phone is no longer under the 12 month manufacturer's warranty and you are enrolled in the Asurion Wireless Phone Protection Program or Total Equipment Coverage, file your insurance claim for a phone replacement directly with Asurion at the link below:

Asurion Phone Claim

Additionally, if your device is not under the manufacturer's warranty and you are not enrolled in Total Equipment Coverage or Wireless Phone Protection, you may qualify to purchase a Certified Pre-Owned Replacement device at a discounted price to replace your original device. Please find details at the ling below:

Certified Pre-Owned Replacement Program

0 Likes
npdpig

I have had my Droid X since the end of December, the first went bad (microphone stopped working) within 3 days, they issued me a new replacement in the store.  That phone was freezing continously and rebooting even with the Android Verizon 2.2.1 I worked with the tech line pulled the battery and did a factory reset that did not fix the problem.  They shipped my a "like new replacement" it locks up continously through the day mostly when using the internet browser.  I am on my way to the store today to see about another replacement I love the phone except for these issues.  But I am done.....

0 Likes
dodgerboy

i am having similar problems, this is with a refurbished phone replacing original one,,,,,very annoying

0 Likes
geauxfast

I've had my Droid X for about six months and it just started locking up about two weeks ago.  I deleted the apps that I added in the past month and it still does it.  My system version is 2.3.340 Andriod version 2.2.1.

0 Likes
mlfmlp

I hear ya. I'm on my second phone (first kept rebooting continuously!), now this one is doing the same thing. It has been rebooting for over 24 hours so far. Have tried removing the battery for extended periods to no help. hate to do factory reset and lose every thing (except contacts?)  Help!!!!

0 Likes
mishenry

My Droid X worked great for the first year. Then, suddenly...all KINDS of problems.  Random reboots.  But, worst of all, the bottom 1/4 of the screen would flicker and then burnt out completely.  I called Verizon customer support and they were extremely helpful.  I have insurance but they replaced my phone with a refurbished Droid X free of charge and even sent it overnight.  So far so good.  The OS seems to be much better than my original Droid X.  I highly suggest calling customer support to report the issues you are having and request a new or refurbished phone. I tried to limp along until my upgrade in July.  As I could no longer see the bottom quarter of the screen, I couldn't text, or push any of the other buttons on any of my home screens.  The phone would lock up, where none of the touch screen buttons would work.  This was extremely annoying when my alarm went off for an hour in the morning.  More importantly, I was missing work calls when the answer button would not work when someone called my phone.  Verizon was very helpful. They assured me this would not affect my scheduled upgrade in July nor change my phone plan agreement.  I've been a loyal Verizon customer for over 12 years and have never had a problem like this before. I'm very pleased with the way Verizon responded.  I've owned a number of Motorola phones as well and haven't had these issues. A friend at work has this exact phone, with the exact same issues.  Her friend is an independent Verizon dealer and told her this IS a known issue with the Droid X.  He also told her the newer versions of the Droid phones don't have these problems.  I tried EVERYTHING to fix these issues myself and my advice is don't waste your time.  Call Verizon and get a replacement with your warranty or through your insurance.

0 Likes
Gbub

Mine does the same rebooting and shutting down. And the dependability of the battery is absurd! I am on my second one with the same results. (yes, i shut down most of the extra programs running in the background on a routine basis). Absolutely ridiculous. The store employees don't have a clue as to how to fix it other than use the insurance and get another one. Only an additional 100 bucks. They dont see an issue with that, not their money. Just keep throwing money at it, has to improve sometime, right?

And Verizon took away the $9.99 discount promo for being an over-priced plan. So considerate of them. Can't wait till my contract is up! So far no one has been helpful in any way shape or form. I have been to numerous stores from Tallahassee to Clermont to Orlando. I get the same "Duh" responses. Maybe there are too many apps on your phone, get another through the insurance, blah, blah, blah...

Where is the customer service? It is very evident that their reps in the stores have little to no training or authority! Over the phone assistance is not much better either.

I used to think Sprint was bad. Not even close. I will be going back to them in March!

0 Likes
sclark0530
Enthusiast - Level 2

By any chance do you have an unlimited data plan with Verizon?  Mine is doing the same and since I recently inquired about changing phones only to find to keep your unlimited data plan you have to pay full price for a new phone (IE stay on same contract), it makes me wonder if these "problems" are suddenly unfixable by choice?