Droid X Multi-touch keyboard issue after Gingerbread update
sothnbel

I recently upgraded to the Gingerbread system and since then I have noticed an issue with the keyboard that seems to be getting increasingly worse.  Whenever using the keyboard in text mode or email, the spacebar frequently takes you back from the message you are typing to the view window.  Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Droid X Multi-touch keyboard issue after Gingerbread update
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3
This is a reported issue. There are posts about this on here also. If you have vibrate or sounds on keypress enabled, disable it. Also go to Settings, applications, manage applications, and select your texting and email apps and clear the cache.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3
This is a reported issue. There are posts about this on here also. If you have vibrate or sounds on keypress enabled, disable it. Also go to Settings, applications, manage applications, and select your texting and email apps and clear the cache.
0 Likes
bearone21
Legend
reboot fixes a lot of problems
0 Likes
jdoggestyl

THANK YOU!!!!  The clowns on Tech support are morons!!!  They read from a script and are not taught how to communicate with human beings.  Your answer was short, sweet, and solved my problem.  Looks like my Droid X won't be having an accident out the window on the freeway afterall.   :smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes
jdoggestyl

Ok, so it's obvious I'm a Newbie.... LOL... I forgot to say which part helped:  I turned off vibrate via Settings>Language & Keyboard>Multi-Touch Keyboard>deselect "Vibrate on keypress".    It worked like a charm and my keyboard no longer goes on vacation while sending a text.  10 thumbs up!!!!

0 Likes
fyrwido
I was having issues with my DROID X after the 2.3 update. Keyboard wouldn't show letters I typed until I turned my phone upside down. Weird but so frustrating. After tech support.sent me 3 new phones each developinv the identical problem, the latest being the Droidx2 with out the 2.3 someone told me to remove.word placement from keyboard. So far that is working.......but this has been ongoing for 6 weeks.
0 Likes
krimsongirlal

These problems didn't really fix my issues - is there another fix I can try on my X2 to fix the multi-touch keyboard settings.

0 Likes
JHB2323

Several friends and I who all have the Moto Droid X recently experienced this same VERY FRUSTRATING problem with our phones, post gingerbread update. After contacting Verizon tech support at 866-221-4096 from a land line, the technician advised me to:

1) Clear the email and texting caches (as described in a separate earlier post...kudos!)

2) Turn off (uncheck) the vibrate/sound on keypress options and the next word prediction features. All three of these features can be found under settings, language & keyboard and multi-touch keyboard. 

Well after a few days of use with these adjustments, none of us have had the issue re-occur and must say we are all back to being happy Verizon customers!!  

P.S. Depending on who you get at the Customer service (non-Tech support) number and/or at the Verizon store, you may be told to either master reset the phone, switch to the swype keyboard, or request/receive/re-program a warranty replacement device from Verizon. With this said, I would hope this other seemingly easier and far more cost effective fix would be distributed to ALL Verizon employees so the resolve message is uniform to those Droid X customers affected by this problem.

Just a thought.... 😃

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

Unfortunately, Factory Reset seems to be the fix dejour ... but as you found out first hand, there are other 'tools in the box' to try to fix issues first rather than simply a Hammer.

Glad you got it working.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

I done a master reset but the issue remained. but i did the clear data & force close on the built in key board app an i then i uncheckecked Next Word Prediction as was suggested by a Verizon Employee. An that seemed to help me give this a try. if you havent already  an for the other suggestions Thanks. B33  :smileywink:

0 Likes