Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
Droid X Speed dropped radically
SDouglas1274

So, I have always had good speed rates (even through the throttling last year), until about two months ago. I watch a lot of youtube and netflix on my phone. Suddenly, my 3G speeds have dropped to .58 mpbs Down and .63 mpbs Up. This is positively ridiculous. I moved to Verizon because of dissatisfaction with AT&T, I have always stood up for them as a company. But lately, Verizon has become a BS company. AT&T at least grandfathers its Unlimited Data users: Verizon forces us into its tiered program. You are failing Verizon. If any Verizon people happen to read this, I know how bad it is to discuss a problem without offering a solution. My solution is fix it. I want my service repaired and restored to what it should be.

I have tried to remain polite through out this message, but Verizon is failing its customers and opening the market to its competitors.

0 Likes
Re: Droid X Speed dropped radically
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hi SDouglas1274,

I want you to enjoy the best wireless experience and the fastest possible speeds for your device! As I checked my resources I saw that the expected data speed for 3G devices like the Droid X is .60-1.4 Mbps http://vz.to/ZNRpgH and while the speeds reported in your message .58Mbps to .63Mbps are on the low side of the range, these speeds are still considered normal and there is nothing to correct. I recommend considering upgrading to a 4G device in order to experience faster speeds http://bit.ly/12cwkC1 consistently.

AntonioC_VZW Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
SDouglas1274

If the speeds you have offered, .60-1.4Mbps, are correct than OK. But those are not the speeds, in fact they are much slower, that I was receiving for the majority of my almost three years with Verizon. Also, your links refer to pages that are unconnected to this conversation. The first discusses Mobile Broadband devices, not 3G phones. Though I understand how the argument could be made that phones these days are Mobile Broadband devices: too bad that's a misnomer.

As for upgrading my device,Antonio, I refuse to do so, until Verizon offers me a way to receive a new device without changing my contract. If there is a way for me to upgrade to a 4G device, and maintain my current plan and rates, than I would be more than ecstatic to do so.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hi there SDouglas1274!

I completely understand wanting the fastest speeds possible and will be delighted to review options for you. To clarify, the speeds listed previously would be for any 3G connection, whether mobile broadband or standard cell. Regarding upgrading we do have options for you to retain your Unlimited data plan. However I want to make sure we find the best plan to fit your needs first! Please use our free Account Analysis tool here: http://vz.to/14Ea6sh for usage details. How much data do you normally use? Do you have access to Wifi at home/work/school? What plan are you currently on?

Thanks!

MelissaM_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes