Droid X Streaming Radio Help
wheel

I have had my new Droid X for a week now and would like someone to answer a question.  I travel and was hoping to use the DX with Tunein or Iheart radio for my local radio station while traveling.  Well, it will not stream from the phone.  I find the station using Tunein but no audio stream.  The station streams over the net. This is the only station of many that will not stream.  Will someone please try the station to see if it is just me.  The station is AM 560, The Ball, Dothan, Alabama.  Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Droid X Streaming Radio Help
Wildman
Legend

wheel wrote:

I have had my new Droid X for a week now and would like someone to answer a question.  I travel and was hoping to use the DX with Tunein or Iheart radio for my local radio station while traveling.  Well, it will not stream from the phone.  I find the station using Tunein but no audio stream.  The station streams over the net. This is the only station of many that will not stream.  Will someone please try the station to see if it is just me.  The station is AM 560, The Ball, Dothan, Alabama.  Thanks

I seem to be having issue locating the station, what arera is it listed under?

0 Likes
djtonic
Contributor - Level 2

Wildman wrote:

wheel wrote:

I seem to be having issue locating the station, what arera is it listed under?

Go to "by location" > USA>Alabama

i found am560 and it does not work.  All the other stations load and stream no problem though. 

Out of curiosity, what is the talk in Dothan AL that could have an entire sports station? 

Jd.

0 Likes
wheel

Hey, thanks for the reply.  The station has a local sports personality that is very knowledgeable in all sports and very enjoyable to listen to.  I just wish I could find a solution, maybe it is their streaming format but I do not have knowledge in that area.  I have emailed the station but have not received a reply.

0 Likes
djtonic
Contributor - Level 2

Yeah...local sports guys are always better than those syndicated programs.  I had ESPN radio! 

I noticed you can also report a problem thru the application...maybe that will help.

I also tried streaming through the stations website too but it never loads.  I think the issue is with the station.

hope it works out.

Also, thanks for bringing up tunein...i've never used it before.  I found a new app to add to my favorites.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

djtonic wrote:

i found am560 and it does not work.  All the other stations load and stream no problem though. 

Out of curiosity, what is the talk in Dothan AL that could have an entire sports station? 

Jd.

Are you using iHeartRadio because the menus on the version I have installed does not show US or Alabama directory but I did look it up online and it shows that this station is also broadcast as FM Wolf 100.1, have you tried that listing? I had no luck on finding that also on iHeartRadio

0 Likes
djtonic
Contributor - Level 2

Wildman wrote:

djtonic wrote:

Jd.

Are you using iHeartRadio because the menus on the version I have installed does not show US or Alabama directory but I did look it up online and it shows that this station is also broadcast as FM Wolf 100.1, have you tried that listing? I had no luck on finding that also on iHeartRadio

HI Wildman.  I hadnt heard of iHeartRadio. I downloaded "Tunedin" from market.  Tunedin did not have 100.1 as any option, i saw online that is the FM version of AM560.  DId 100.1 stream?  If so you found the work around for OP by using iHeartRadio and streaming 100.1 fm instead

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

djtonic wrote:

HI Wildman.  I hadnt heard of iHeartRadio. I downloaded "Tunedin" from market.  Tunedin did not have 100.1 as any option, i saw online that is the FM version of AM560.  DId 100.1 stream?  If so you found the work around for OP by using iHeartRadio and streaming 100.1 fm instead

That is where the confusion is, in the first post iHeart Radio was listed and I was thinking that you was using it, I can not help with Tunedin because I only use iHeartRadio.. Oh well I was hoping to help.... Try http://www.woofradio.com and see if it helps any.

0 Likes
djtonic
Contributor - Level 2

Wildman wrote:

djtonic wrote:

That is where the confusion is, in the first post iHeart Radio was listed and I was thinking that you was using it, I can not help with Tunedin because I only use iHeartRadio.. Oh well I was hoping to help.... Try http://www.woofradio.com and see if it helps any.

Interesting, I only saw "tunedin" in his post but upon further review I see that OP mentioned both apps in the post.  So if 100.1 streams w/ iHeartRadio then his problem is solved via your post.

0 Likes
wheel

Hey, you are right, I am only using tunein for the AM station that I like.  I could not find 100.1 listed.  I amjust not having any luck with this, but thank you for the reply

0 Likes