Droid X Upgrade Eligibility Confusion
stimm32

I am a bit confused about the new policy, and I understand that there  are a lot of posts on here about this, but I still haven't had my question answered. So our contracts END date, as in the 24 month period is over, is on January 8, 2011. However, we are eligible for a new every two on September 8, 2010. So are we eligible for this early upgrade or not?

0 Likes
Re: Droid X Upgrade Eligibility Confusion
geekpimpfx

Seems to me it depends on who you talk to.  I think generally speaking the answer is no, it's based on when your ACTUAL 24 month contract expires (before 12/31/10 being the magic date), but if you call in to CS and get ahold of the right person and they're in a good mood you might be able to get what you want.  I guess I would recommend calling in and doing a bit of sweet talking.

0 Likes
BRAT5

My two year contract is up on 4/11, I was eligible for yearly upgrade in August. I called Verizon in June and asked if they would move my upgrade up to July so I could get the Droid x. They did it with no problems and I have received emails stating that I'm eligible for an upgrade to the Droid x. I also went online to Best Buy's website and used the upgrade checker ,they also confirmed that I'm eligible for an upgrade. So I say yes you can upgrade your primary line now, but the secondary line will have to wait until September.

0 Likes
BDawg866
Enthusiast - Level 3

I got an email from Verizon saying that I'm eligible to upgrade the day it comes out. However, my yearly upgrade wasn't available until September, so it seems they are letting a lot of people upgrade early for this phone.

0 Likes
stimm32

Thanks everyone! I went in to talk to a rep at the local Verizon store and she told me that its my new every two date.

0 Likes
stimm32

When did you guys receive those e-mails?

0 Likes