Droid X - Wont boot even after trying a factory reset ?
4Stann

Made several attempts at a factory reset without success.

All began with my home button not working, had to continually back page till I reached my home screen.

Tried a battery removal approach to solving that problem ended up with entire phone not rebooting.

All I get from an attempted factory reset is a return to a triangle with an explanation point and a droid icon.

I've read of people way back in 2011 having the same problem! I would think there would be a fix.

0 Likes
Re: Droid X - Wont boot even after trying a factory reset ?
a2droid

I had an issue with my Droid X in 2011. A factory reset did not fix the issue. As near as the technicians could determine was that it was some type of virus that infected either the SD card or possibly my G-mail account. It took two replacement phones that ended up with the same issue of freezing on the start up screen before this was determined. I pulled a new G-mail account and used another SD card on the third replacement. I have had the third phone ever since. I did get Lookout antivirus right after this happened, too.

Good luck!

0 Likes
Droid X - Wont boot  even after trying a factory reset ?
4Stann

Thanks for the response! In talking with a Motorola Rep I wasn't convinced that a new Droid Razor Max wasn't going to have the same issue so I opted for a new i Phone 5. Personally I preferred the android platform . With the retail costs of these phones I was hoping to keep my droid as a backup . That option is also now gone due to the cost of repair to a system that should still be functional.I find it odd that my phone failed at a time of renewal. Anyway thanks again for the response. I'll be tracking any future Android problems to see If Its worth returning to

Have a good Day!

0 Likes