Droid X and Sending Mobile Me (Mac) Mail
errnx2

I am not able to send out mail with me.com account.  I have verified outgoing server, turned on and off wi-fi, checked and unchecked secure connection and verify certificate.  Any help would be greatly appreciated

0 Likes
Re: Droid X and Sending Mobile Me (Mac) Mail
sHaY_j
Contributor - Level 3

How long has this issue been occurring?

0 Likes
mercslexus2000

I'm having the same problem, except I can send and receive over Verizon 3G, but can only receive emails over my home wireless connection.  I've even changed ports, security settings (protocols, etc.) modified the username, and matched the settings to my desktop computer (which CAN send AND receive over my home wireless network).

Still no luck...

0 Likes
GoHumble

I was also having the same problem. I would prefer to use the mail client native to the Droid X, however i did download K-9 Mail from the Android Market and from there i have been successful in sending emails.  The app itself is a polling app.  I am hoping that an update will soon be available to the droid software that will allow me to reply directly from the droid mail.... as that's preferable. 

0 Likes
GoHumble

UPDATE:

Okay... so i went in an looked at the settings in my K-9 Mail client for the "outgoing server" information. I then made the following changes on the "outgoing server" changes in the Android mail client for my me.com address.  Here's  what i have it set to and now it sends!!!

SMTP Server: smtp.me.com

Port: 23

Username: [username]@me.com

Password: [password]

Use secure connection is UNSELECTED

Verify Certificate is SELECTED

Hope this helps.  I have since removed the K-9 app (just to have the space).  It has great functionality.

0 Likes
GoHumble

Oh man,  Port: 25 (not 23..... **bleep** fat fingers)

0 Likes
martinisloth
Enthusiast - Level 3

Good fix, works fine, Thanks!  I've been having the same problem for what seems a few weeks now....

0 Likes
Re: Druid X and Sending Mobile Me (Mac) Mail
mark905

After numerous calls and chats with Verizon Tech Support, Apple Tech Support and Motorola (Droid) Tech Support,

I felt like I was caught in the middle of three communication giants with each blamming the other and none offering me any solutions.  

I did find a solution that is different than yours:

I uninstalled Mac mail from my droid x

I reinstalled changing everything from mac.com to me.com  ( I used mac.com out of habit.  Apple will tell you that they are interchangeable.  Apparently not so with the Droid OS.

My solution:

outgoing server:  from smtp.mac.com to smtp.me.com

incoming server: from mail.mac.com to mail.me.com

email address:  from username@ mac.com to username@me.com 

outgoing port:  from default port 25 to port 587

This has worked for me.  I hope it can solve the problem for others

0 Likes
GoHumble
Glad to hear other resolutions! Thanks!
0 Likes
SHAC
Enthusiast - Level 3

I had MobileMe: it's a complete waste of money. Google/Gmail does everything MobileMe does, and better, for FREE.

0 Likes