Droid X display issues
ADuckRunAmuck

I've had my Droid X by Motorola for 22 months now and over the last two months or so I have had intermittant loss of the bottom two-thirds of my main display... which is the entire functioning portion of my touch screen. Turning it off or pulling the battery for a reboot does not help... phone has NOT gotten wet or anythang. Everythang seems to function ok BEHIND the fuzzy or black bottom of the display... in fact... if you know where buttons are you can get them to function just fine. The problem is knowing exactly what is BEHIND the bottom part of the display. I'm not really wanting to go to the factory reset as I have heard that this does not really correct this problem.

Any ideas out there?

0 Likes
Re: Droid X display issues
bearone21
Legend

the touch screen is dying, a few places advertise able to fix most issues.

you're eligible for an upgrade like i am but i didn't/don't like anything in the verizon lineup so i found another, near perfect droid x + car dock, extended battery.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

+1 A Duck you might look in at the Ebay site they might have some good prices on used X's and if your as bear says to were you can update the Razr / Razr Maxx has been dropped in Price and the if you Looking at say a Razr M they upgraded it the Jelly Bean OS...  b33

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

upgrade loses unlimited unless you're saying get a used razr on ebay.

Message was edited by: bearone 21

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Well if the Op would want to go the Full retail route he could i suppose and get it that way.. When i was thinking Ebay that would be option as Well but to do it that way can open a Risk as well because of not Knowing what shape the Device is going to be in.) But if i would go New i would try paying full retail to save unlimited that is if i had that option if i was updating!  it's a hard to swallow loosing that Unlimited but i guess in there some wear you gotta way in if want to go New and drop what you had or Have!

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

it's a crapshoot for sure buying used, i lucked out & wouldn't ever pay retail for unlim.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

I understand Totally bear i'm glad i did what i did before Verizon ended it in June the Way i got Mine it's still there the Unlimited but pulling out 6 Big ones out of your pocket to keep it)  You would have to Really want one and possibly be Single because i think if the Wife if she wasn't for it! and was disgusted about it she would be pulling something out too! ...

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

swmbo

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ADuckRunAmuck, I know that having issues with your touch screen is very frustrating but I'm here to provide you with some solutions. Although you may not have damage to the phone or have gotten it wet, phones may start to have issues with normal wear and tear. Do you have insurance on your line? You can replace your device through the insurance for a small deductible fee. Are you eligible to upgrade? You can also upgrade to a new phone for free. We have some devices that are free if you upgrade or add a new line. Check out our list of phones http://bit.ly/nD0WuY . Additionally, you can try a factory reset but the issue you're describing may be a physical issue. Here are the steps http://tiny.cc/kv6uow . Please keep us posted.

KinquanaH_VZW

0 Likes