Re: Droid X for dummies?
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

For addresses you access frequently, you have 3 options.  One to go to google.com/maps from a computer and make sure you're logged in.  You can then search for the address and it'll give you the option to star it.   Then when when you open Maps from your Droid X and choose Directions.  Hit the little bookmark symbol and choose starred items.  You can also go to My Maps on your computer and create a new map and save it.  Then search for an address and select Save To and whatever name you saved the map as.  Then from inside of google maps on the phone, hit the menu button and choose Layers.  Pick More Layers, My Maps, and you should see the map you created.  This overlays all of your saved locations onto the map and you can just choose one and navigate to that location.  A third option is to long press on the home screen, choose Shortcuts, Directions & Navigation.  Enter the address you want and it'll save a shortcut to that location on your home screen. 

0 Likes
s11
Enthusiast - Level 3

Wow...  thanks!  I am doing that right now.  (I'll be an expert at this in no time with all the great help here!!!)

0 Likes
boricua14

I know the feeling, got mine yesterday and I'm still trying to figure it out. I googled droid x for dummies and found that there is a "Droid X for Dummies" book out. You can find it at Borders. I'll probably end up getting one if I don't get the hang of this phone soon. It's my first Droid so practice makes perfect. ^_^

Borders: "Droid X for Dummies" link: http://www.borders.com/online/store/TitleDetail?sku=0470903198

0 Likes
s11
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks!   But it looks like it is not coming out until Sept.....

0 Likes