Droid X keeps freezing & rebooting itself
VZNYC1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just activated my new Droid X 2 days ago & ever since I activated it, It keeps freezing & rebooting itself. I tried removing the battery for 5 minutes & restarting. I also checked for any software updates. I even went as far as doing a complete restore to factory condition, and the problem still exists. It sometimes reboots itself without even touching it! So, yesterday I went to a VZ wireless store after calling support over the phone. The store told me they need to replace it & will ship me a new one. Of course, as usual, they didn't have any in stock. I'll be lucky if I get my replacement by September. Verizon was rushing to get this phone out as soon as possible to go against the iPhone4. Well, next time they should make sure their products are quality controlled & this will be the last time I ever buy a cellphone when its first released. I am sure i'm not the only Droid X user that has the same problem.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Droid X keeps freezing & rebooting itself
VZNYC1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I guess Verizon Wireless does know how to perform miracles.... When i got home yesterday afternoon I found my replacement phone was delivered overnight by FedEx... My replacement phone is now flawless! Also, i made sure to do a factory default reset on the defective Droid X so that all my data would be deleted. I guess people who are having this problem should just bring it into their loacal VZ Wireless store for a replacement or maybe the new software update to be released will resolve the problem...

View solution in original post

0 Likes
VZNYC1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I guess Verizon Wireless does know how to perform miracles.... When i got home yesterday afternoon I found my replacement phone was delivered overnight by FedEx... My replacement phone is now flawless! Also, i made sure to do a factory default reset on the defective Droid X so that all my data would be deleted. I guess people who are having this problem should just bring it into their loacal VZ Wireless store for a replacement or maybe the new software update to be released will resolve the problem...

0 Likes
ExpressEN1

I just got my replacement Droid X from the insurance company on monday evening. Wednesday at lunch, I took that phone to my local store. The insurance company is going to replace the replacement. It was doing the exact same thing as you described.

0 Likes
VZNYC1
Enthusiast - Level 2

As of today 8/30/10, my Droid X has performed flawless... This phone was the replacement sent to me by VZW by FedEx overnight.... (not by the insurance company)....  This is obviously a hardware problem which Motorola is responsible to help VZW clear their problems with customers....

0 Likes
jefbon

I just ended up with the same problem last night.  I couldnt even turn off droid without taking out battery.  I did a hard boot. Thank goodness I had appbrain to re install my apps!  I replaced battery, was installing all my apps and when I loaded an app called "battery status - free" the droid went back into a reboot mode.  I had to hard boot again and re install.  This time I did not install the battery status -free and so far so good.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Most of the rebooting and freezing isues usually comes from a uncompatible app installed, the solution to this is to try removing all installed apps other than stock and see if the problem stops, so many say that the replacement device does the same thing as the one they sent back, this usually means that the issue may not be the device but something added to the device...  After owning a Windows device you usually develope this as a second thought because the chance of two seperate devices having the same exact issue is very slim..

0 Likes
B23

Same issue here.  After the phone continues to freeze and reboot with only the bloat stock apps, what is the next excuse?  I'm really getting tired of getting a "refurbished" phone every week.

0 Likes
Ericaldon72

I'm afraid that I'm about to deal with the same thing. I purchased one of the "Certified Pre Owned" phones and have been having the same problem since the day I got it. This is iritating!

0 Likes
AraceliT_VZW
Contributor - Level 3

Wildman is correct. In most instances, the rebooting and freezing issues are caused by an application that was installed to the device.

For those having this issue, please try un-installing a few applications at a time to see if this helps. Or you can also master reset the device and use it for a few days without installing any new applications. 

Hope this helps!

Thank you, 

AraceliT_VZWSupport

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Trong

This is my third Droid X since last September. The first two just kept rebooting themselves for no reasons. The very first one ramdomly reboots itself in ven when running in safe mode. Yes, you can run Droid X in safe mode just like Windows, in Safe Mode the phone can only be used to make and receive voice calls and text. So it was not a problem with apps. Verizon then sent a CPO to replace it. It behaved the same way as the other one. Verizon then sent a new battery to try fix the problem, that was not the battery. I've tried to wipe the Phone out to factory setting and in the middle of setting up and entering my Google account info, it reset itself. This third one lasts a week so far without rebooting, I keep my fingers crossed though.

Have a wonderful day, guys and gals.

0 Likes