Droid X keyboard not responding properly
amyhope

I have had my Droid X for over 6 months with no problems so far.   Suddenly the keyboard is not responding properly.  It is slow when typing and when you press the space bar the keyboard retracts.  Any suggestions or solutions out there?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Droid X keyboard not responding properly
B33
Legend

amyhope wrote:

I have had my Droid X for over 6 months with no problems so far.   Suddenly the keyboard is not responding properly.  It is slow when typing and when you press the space bar the keyboard retracts.  Any suggestions or solutions out there?

Amy give this a try Hit your menu button got to settings > applications > Manage applications > Select all then scroll down to Muti - touch keyboard  clear your cache / clear Data an see if this helps an if does its good to go if not let me know as we can try something els. :smileyhappy:  B33

View solution in original post

0 Likes
B33
Legend

amyhope wrote:

Amy give this a try Hit your menu button got to settings > applications > Manage applications > Select all then scroll down to Muti - touch keyboard  clear your cache / clear Data an see if this helps an if does its good to go if not let me know as we can try something els. :smileyhappy:  B33

0 Likes
amyhope

Hello!  Thanks for the quick reply!   I did as you asked and the cache was empty but I cleared all the data and so far that seems to have fixed the problem!!!   Thank you!!!   :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Your welcome Amy have anymore issues just give us a post an we'll help as much as we can. Have a great Weekend B33 :smileywink:

0 Likes
janharris56
I have also been having keyboard problems and followed the advice given. Hope it helps. Thanks.
0 Likes
DroidJoy

thanks It worked for me too! It started happening just the other day after an automatic update (not sure if it was android or  the verizon system) It was driving me crazy!!!!!!:smileyvery-happy:

Wanted to give B33 kudos, but can't figure out how!

0 Likes
amyhope

Hi Droid Joy!

To give Kudos I think you just click on the red Kudos button under their name on their post.

I was so glad the info helped!  I had been struggling with the keyboard for a week!! 

I haven't had a problem since.   

0 Likes
SamiNYC59

Thanks so much for the help! Saved me from a phone call to Technical Support since it was driving me crazy for the last few days!!

0 Likes
Kikiwon3

B33 - THANKS!  I was struggling even sending text messages.  The fix worked perfectly.

0 Likes
krose1281

Thank you soo much I was having the same problem and ready to chuck my phone down the hall. :smileyhappy: Now I won't have to do that.

0 Likes