Droid X problems, cant turn on
bambam44

I have a droid X, yesterday it died and i went to plug it in and it just loads to the red motorola logo and wont go any farther when plugged in and when i unplug it the logo stays i pull the battery and put it back in and dont get anything plug it in and straight back to the motorola logo and nothing else. Any help is really appreciated, no idea where to go from here

0 Likes
Re: Droid X problems, cant turn on
wkavan02
Contributor - Level 1

How long did you let the phone sit on the charger before pulling the cord? When you go to charge it when it's turned off, it won't automatically turn on, it will just give you the charging screen.

Since it's an old phone and depending on how long you let it sit, it might have needed more time to get past the Moto logo.

0 Likes
bambam44

I have let it sit on the charger for about 2 hours and am letting it sit on the chargwer right now

0 Likes
wkavan02
Contributor - Level 1

Then yeah, you have issues. Sounds like your battery died to me, since it won't go past the logo to the charging screen but also doesn't turn off even after leaving it on the charger for 2 hours.

0 Likes
bambam44

okay thanks for the help!

0 Likes
wkavan02
Contributor - Level 1

The Droid X batteries are pretty terrible at the end of the phone's life. Mine could discharge in under 2 minutes just from going on the internet in the weeks before my Galaxy S III arrived.

0 Likes
m3h0ff

Sounds like it is stuck in the bootloader.  You can try this but it will reset your phone back to factory settings.

DISCLAIMER:  THIS WILL RESET YOUR PHONE BACK TO FACTORY DEFAULTS!  I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU LOSE DATA!

If you accept the above disclaimer that your phone will be reset back to factory defaults and I am not responsible for any data, contacts, programs, etc. that you lose, then try this:

Pull the battery and wait 60 seconds

Put the battery back in

Hold down the HOME button and keep it held down

Hold down the POWER button and keep it held down

When it powers up, you should get the triangle with the Android dude

Press the SEARCH button and you should get a menu

In the menu, use your UP/DOWN keys to scroll to WIPE DATA

Once you are on WIPE DATA, press the MENU button

You will be asked several times if you are sure you want to wipe the data - you will need to choose YES and click the MENU button

You will see the triangle again with an arrow coming out of it.  Let the phone reset itself back to factory and it should work.

0 Likes