Re: Droid X stuck on M screen after upgrade to froyo.
GShelton

As a former 20yr computer tech, we used to put hard drives and such in the freezer to recover them all the time. It only needs to go in there for 10 minutes. You are not really "freezing" it. It just cools it down on a hot day. :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

I have a number of years of computer tech skills under my belt also but I never ran across the freezer concept but now that you explained it, I can see where that may help under some situations.... Shows there is always other techs that has unique methods that you never thought off, Ill have to log this information in the back of my mind incase I need it later.:smileywink: 

Thanks for clearifing this information...

0 Likes
GHuestis

I had this happen to my Droid X. I went back to Verizon and they couldn't help me. I reformated the phone several times and then went back to the Verizon store and was told that they way the update installed it "bricked" my phone. They sent me a new one, adn the first thing I did was to install the upgrade. It installed with out a problem. I think the reason I had so much trouble is that I had Trask Killer and an Antivirus running when I first tried to update the phone. I had no idea that that would screw things up...but it did. You may need a new phone.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

GHuestis wrote:

I had this happen to my Droid X. I went back to Verizon and they couldn't help me. I reformated the phone several times and then went back to the Verizon store and was told that they way the update installed it "bricked" my phone. They sent me a new one, adn the first thing I did was to install the upgrade. It installed with out a problem. I think the reason I had so much trouble is that I had Trask Killer and an Antivirus running when I first tried to update the phone. I had no idea that that would screw things up...but it did. You may need a new phone.

This is one of the reasons I always suggest hard resetting before installing a major OS update. To avoid software conflicts. 2.1 and 2.2 codes are not the same and this is why some apps that worked on 2.1 don't even install on 2.2, I am so amazed that the update does not automatically hard reset system to avoid this hiccup.

Also I use ATK without issues and it isn't a bad app when configured right.

0 Likes