Droid X = terrible
pimpeds10
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am now on my 5th replacement Droid X phone.  All replaced for issues with the software or hardware of the phone.  Each one seems to get worse and worse.  My current replacement phone has rendered my car dock useless as the GPS does not function.  It won't lock in on where I am and if it does its only for a couple of minutes before it looses me.  I have hard reset my phone, wiped the sd card, and calibrated the compass multiple times and nothing has worked.  The WiFi signal is also terrible with most of time receiving only one bar.  After the most hard reset and sd card wipe the phone is lagging without even installing any apps.  Extremely frustrating that I am stuck with this phone for another year.

I did find a fix from reading this forum that if you remove the battery cover the WiFi and GPS will work.  It does work but who wants to travel around without a battery door on?

It however does not fix the lagging of the phone.

Beyond frustrated just want a phone that works.

Is anyone else experiencing similar problems?

0 Likes
Re: Droid X = terrible
bearone21
Legend

"5TH", strange because last summer into the fall, folks with dx problems were getting it replaced with the dx2.

sorry to say but it sounds like they're sending out old dx's that were replaced for problems.

supposedly cpo's are gone thru before being sent out as replacements.

Wildman
Legend

The company was giving the DX2 only when they did not have any replacement droid x to ship out but since a number of users started to report issues with their device to get the change in devices they stopped doing this.

Thank the ones that milked the system, I believe situations like this is the reason for the change on how replacement devices are being handled..

0 Likes
pimpeds10
Enthusiast - Level 2

I unfortunately wasn't one of the lucky ones to get the x2 I just get other peoples garbage.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

I have received replacement devices before and the none of the devices had issues with it.   My Droid X is still moving right along and its a replacement that I received when I accidentally damaged the charger port.

I guess I am just a lucky one...

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

Count me lucky as well ... After 15 months mine's still humming along -- albeit with the AutoPower-back-Up issue.g.,  & a couple of buggy APPS that the Devs can't seem to fix (eg., LPP); but putting it into SLEEP mode every night gets around that.  Smiley Happy

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

13 months, like the proverbial swiss watch.

0 Likes
pimpeds10
Enthusiast - Level 2

I should have just sucked it up when i was having browser issues because literally every replacement phone has been junk... This one by far the worst...

0 Likes
mort78
Enthusiast - Level 2

17 months and a hiccup now and then that a battery pull couldn't clear. However, when my time is up, I would like to upgrade to a 4g phone. Don't know which one, but there are a couple I would like to see.

0 Likes
geomutt
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm on replacement number 3.  Less than a year for me.  😞  I am not one of the lucky ones.