Re: Droid X = terrible
Wildman
Legend

That's a strange one, well no device is perfect but I could see one device having issue or maybe two (Slim Chance) but when multiple devices experience issues there has to be a common factor on each device that could cause these issues..

Its kind of like the car that makes rattling noise all the time but never does it when you take it to a mechanic...  Its hard to identify the problem without seeing the problem.   I know you only have a few apps but have you tried removing all apps and run device just with stock software to isolate the problem isn't a OS issue?

0 Likes
pimpeds10
Enthusiast - Level 2

did a factory reset and SD card wipe yesterday. GPS still didn't work and it was lagging something fierce. The sleep issue has come once. Its more of a lag and lack of GPS and wifi signal pickup that frustrates me the most.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

wi-fi could be as simple as changing encryption type on router but then you'll need to redo all other wireless devices..

i can access my linksys wrt 54g router with wep but not wpa.

0 Likes
pimpeds10
Enthusiast - Level 2

It has something to do with the battery door. With it on 1 bar with it off i get full bars. GPS also works with it off.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

pimpeds10 wrote:

It has something to do with the battery door. With it on 1 bar with it off i get full bars. GPS also works with it off.

Now that's a real strange one, if it was a Thunderbolt it would make sense because the antenna is on the back cover but not the situation for the Droid X..  If you can duplicate the situation without issues I would go to store and show tech and see if they have a solution...

0 Likes
pimpeds10
Enthusiast - Level 2

Works everytboard. Actually read it on this board.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Are you using extended battery with the stock battery door? Maybe the pressure on the back of phone from the battery is causing this...

0 Likes
pimpeds10
Enthusiast - Level 2

Everything's stock

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Boy, this is a unique one to troubleshoot over the web, looks like the store will be your best solution because I have ran out of ideals...

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

To the @OP - this all sounds reproducible (the "going to sleep after 1/2 hour of sitting"). I think I asked this earlier and not sure what your response was -- have you tested this in SAFE MODE to see if the problem occurs in that mode?