bearone21
Legend

hopefully you're right

0 Likes
Re: Droid X = terrible
pimpeds10
Enthusiast - Level 2

A couple updates to my situation:

1. have succesfully traveled to destinations without the battery cover on my phone

2.  wifi signal is awesome without battery cover on phone

3.  phone is lagging inbetween screens and is constantly freezing for anywhere from 3-20 seconds when trying to unlock the screen and when opening any application including the browser and text messaging.

4.  Screen will light up and show there is a call but will not let you slide the green icon across the screen to answer

5.  phone reboots when placed in car dock

6.  screen will light up but will be unresponsive to touch - have to press the top button and then home to get it to react to touch

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

As far as the sluggishness & non-responsiveness:  If reproducible, does it behave the same way in SAFE MODE? If it does NOT, you likely have an APP causing your grief. Do you have a TASK KILLER installed? Do you have a Live Wallpaper? Active Widgets that auto-update constantly?  All can contribute to the symptoms you're seeing.

0 Likes
pimpeds10
Enthusiast - Level 2

The lag literally started after I set the phone up after wiping my SD card and doing a factory reset without any apps installed beyond factory. The only widget I use is the calendar and weather factory Widgets. No task killer used.

Vzwsupport contacted me and i will be on device 6 tomorrow...

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

Very strange ... sorry you're going through all this ... Maybe the 6th one is a charm .. Good luck.

0 Likes
pimpeds10
Enthusiast - Level 2

thanks usually the 3rd times a charm but maybe x2 it will be. Makes me wish i would have stuck with my of dx and dealt with the browser issues that started this cycle... Wish blackberry would get up to speed with there web experience i.e. flash i would just go back as I've been so frustrated with this dx my old tour is calling my name...

0 Likes
pimpeds10
Enthusiast - Level 2

just to add to the battery door being off improvements you can add bluetooth reception to that.  Was on the treadmill with the battery door off never lost bluetooth signal walked away from the treadmill and it stayed in reception. 

0 Likes
pimpeds10
Enthusiast - Level 2

Much to my surprise a new Droid x2 showed up via fed ex. Thank you Verizon very shocked!

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

Congrats, I think ..  Smiley Happy   I wouldn't install any 3rd Party Apps for a while -- just to make sure those aren't contributing to your issues.  IMHO ...   Good luck.

0 Likes
smartphoneguru
Contributor - Level 1

I spoke to a tech at verizon and they told me that the OTA update was supposed to help some of these issues, Funny thing tho, My DROID was completely fine before the update. All I have is problems everyday now. Slow, lagging, mind of its own stuff. very slow response to input, keyboard especially and very very slow at times when nopthing is even going on, like updates or running services.

0 Likes