Droid X turns itself "ON" after Gingerbread update
eric4350
Just did the Gingerbread update (.596) yesterday and all is fine so far. But last night I turned my phone off and this morning to my surprise my phone was on. Anybody have an idea what happened? My timer showed it being on for 11hrs which is roughly the time span from when I shut it down.

Just for info, I did press the power button at the top of the phone and then tapped turn phone "off" and had the above problem.
0 Likes
Re: Droid X turns itself "ON" after Gingerbread update
Cody21
Master - Level 2

Wildely reported ..  (try SEARCH on this forum) ...    Personally, I haven't seen it yet ..  But MOTO is aware of it.

0 Likes
eric4350

I tried search and only find issues with the X turning "Off" then back 'On"  Mine does not do this as I turn it off myself by it turnes itself back on. Can you point to some posts relating to this?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Here's one.

http://community.vzw.com/t5/DROID-X-by-Motorola/Shutdown-Droid-X-and-short-after-it-comes-back-on/td...

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
eric4350

Cody21 wrote:

Wildely reported ..  (try SEARCH on this forum) ...    Personally, I haven't seen it yet ..  But MOTO is aware of it.

Any word on when MOTO will fix this issue? Do you by any chance have any link on a response to this issue from MOTO?

0 Likes
eric4350
This is an absolute joke. I can live with small bugs but this is major if you ask me. Neither a battery pull or factory reset does anything to solve this issue. I am not a happy camper.
0 Likes
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3

Read the other multiple posts on this here on this forum. Usually, if you turn it off again after it's turned itself on, it will stay off. Atleast that is the concensus on this forum.

Edit: I thought I'd test this on mine to see if this issue occurs, and it does not. Turned my phone off about an hour ago, and low and behold, it's still off! The ONLY issue I experienced out of the MANY that were widely reported, was the LED notification not working. All I did was clear the cache of my texting and email apps, and it brought it back to functioning properly. I really have no idea why certain phones are experiencing so many problems, while others are not.

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

This was reported over on the MOTO forum but they have provided no "official" response to it. But they READ the posts on that forum.  So the short answer is I have no idea when/if it will actually be fixed.

At least it turns ON and not  OFF ... but I digress.

0 Likes
eric4350

I hope there will be a fix as I don't want to live with this for much longer. I also wonder why some have this issue while others don't?

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

I think that's the issue - not everyone is having the problem.  Have you tried the CLEAR CACHE routine ? Others have reported that the problem went away after doing so.

0 Likes