Droid X won't power on
Jaymanct
Sorry if this is somewhere and I didn't see it. We were using the X on the plane in airplane mode...that was the last time it was used. Post flight, I can't get it to turn on properly. Have provided it with an extensive overnight charge. Can get the eye to come up and it looks like it is initializing, but then after a while it goes black screen and does not respond. It appears to still be on as I still get the blinking green light and it is putting out heat like it were running. Removed battery and SD card multiple times to no avail? Would love suggestions...or do I need to bring it in for help?

Tanks in advanced and happy holidays,
0 Likes
Re: Droid X won't power on
Cody21
Master - Level 2

How long did you leave the battery out? Try leaving it out for like 5 mins. Have you tried booting into SAFE MODE? Just to see if THAT will allow it to come up.

Safe Mode:

Power Off phone

Press and HOLD the Menu button (far left button)

Press the Power up - but continue to HOLD menu button for 1-2 mins.

if it does come up, it will say SAFE MODE in lower left corner.

If successful, see the state of your communications. To get out of SAFE MODE, power off & on as usual.

0 Likes
Jaymanct
Thanks for the quick response. Did both and am getting the same result.....the eye and then black screen. Any other suggestions?

Thanks again.
0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

Strange ..   It sounds like your phone is bricked for some reason. You may have to just bite the bullet and do a Factory Reset - which is what Verizon will likely have you do if you contact them..  This is going to be painful as you will have to set up everything all over again and will lose anything on your external SD card. Give a shout out if you need instructions on how to do that or you can take it to a Verizon store and have them do it for you. If you have important stuff on your SD Card, I would remove it and get it into a SD Card reader to pull your data/files off of it before starting the F.R.  Good luck.

0 Likes
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello Jaymanct!

Looks like you've tried a number of things to get your DROID X back up and running without success.  I would like to help.

offered some good suggestions, and I would like to add if you hard reset your device, anything saved to the SD memory card will not be erased.  If you are concerned with losing any of the card's data, just remove the SD card prior to resetting the device.  Also, since you cannot obviously go through the screen settings to do the hard reset, the instructions include the steps for completing via the Alternate method.

Please let me know how this works out for you.

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

@Anthony - while I agree there is the option there (in both methods) to either Format the SD card or NOT (thus not "touching" the data on the card), things can get a bit ugly if the process hangs or doesn't work properly the 1st time ...  I just think the idea of Manually copying any special or needed data is a good thing to do anytime you attempt a FR ..  Too many people have gotten burned - losing special event Pictures or Videos that they couldn't recover ...  So yea, the process you outlined it NOT supposed to wipe the card if you don't select that option ... but buyer beware. can never be too safe with things you can't afford to lose.

Thanks for pointing out that option though.

0 Likes