Droid X2 Headphone Jack's Ghost Calls
Stareagle

I just panicked my mother by calling her 37 times (yes, 37) at 1:00 in the morning. I didn't mean to call her, and didn't have the phone anywhere near me, but I made the horrible mistake of leaving my headphones plugged into the jack.

I've done research on the web, so I know that other people have had the same problem - plugging in headphones will suddenly cause the phone to dial the last number you called time after time after time. I think my record was almost 200 - luckily, my wife had turned the ringer off on her phone, so we didn't realize what had happened until the next morning.

As it stands now, I have to put my phone into airplane mode in order to listen to podcasts as I fall asleep. That's obviously not a great solution since I have an elderly mother who lives alone, as well as a teenaged daughter.

So I know the problem exists, but is there any solution? I have the extended warranty, so I might be able to get a new phone, but since this appears to be an issue with the X2 model, I don't know if that will help.

0 Likes
Re: Droid X2 Headphone Jack's Ghost Calls
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am sure this would be very frustrating, ver quickly! Lets get to the bottom of this, Stareagle! I have no seen other reports of this brought to our attention. If you go to Settings > About Phone > Android Version, what does it show? What brand/model of headphones do you have?

Thanks,
AdamE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes