Droid X2 Screen lag
lbauer53

My Droid X2 screen is giving me a lot of problems. I would say 9 times out of 10 it doesn't respond well when I try to touch something. It either doesn't seem to register at all or it takes a long time or sometimes it acts as though I'm pressing and holding. If I'm texting for example, when I press "p" it will act as though I held it down and it will type a "0". Other times it will just not respond and not type Anything. If I'm on the home screen and I try to click on an application it holds it as though I'm trying to move it to another part of the screen. I have a Lot of problems getting it to even register that I'm touching it when it's cold as well. Usually it responds properly when I slide to unlock the screen though so I don't know what the problem is.
I'm also really not tech savvy so please use basic language when responding to this. I know nothing about different operating systems or updates or whatever. Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Droid X2 Screen lag
Cody21
Master - Level 2

Do you have a "Live Wallpaper" that you are running for your background? If you DO, I would disable it just as a test to see if it improves having just a plain Picture background.

Are you using Social networking  Widgets or APPS that are AUTO-UPDATING? e.g., Twitter, Facebook, etc.  If you have them set too frequently (e..g, every minute or so) they can overtake the phone's CPU.

When did you notice this problem starting / how long have you had the phone.

If reproduceable, try running in SAFE MODE and test to see if the problem persists. If it behaves faster in SAFE MODE, you likely have a 3rd party APP that you installed that is causing your grief.

to get into SAFE MODE:

- Power off the phone

- Press & HOLD the Menu button (far left button on the bottom)

- Power up the phone, but CONTINUE TO HOLD DOEN THE MENU BUTTON

After 1-2 mins, the phone will come up and say SAFE MODE in lower left corner.

TEST TEST TEST

To get out of SAFE MODE, just power off/on as normal.

good luck,.

0 Likes