Droid X2 freezing up
jaiden

I have Droid X2 and I have had it for about 9 months and for the last month it continues to freeze and lock up. At first, I thought maybe it was an app that I downloaded, but I uninstalled it and ran an antivirus and it detected no viruses, trojans, etc... I also clear the cache out consistently, but still continues to do this. I have to turn my phone off and reboot it everytime i play an app or browse on the web. This is very irritating, I have never had problems with Motorola, however, I had a HTC Incredible that did this same thing and had to factory reset it 5 times in less than 6 months..... can someone please help me with this, I really don't want to do a factory reset??!!

0 Likes
Re: Droid X2 freezing up
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you install any application about the time this started?  Maybe an application conflict?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Jaiden,
I know this issue can be a bit frustrating.  I would love to help restore your device!  Does the phone lock up when accessing anything specific?  I suggest enabling safe mode by following the visuals here http://bit.ly/PmdXze .  Once enabled please test and observe the device behavior for a period of time.  If the device does not freeze while in safe mode that means there is an application that is causing this and I suggest a factory reset.  Please let me know if you need any additional assistance.  Thank you! 

TominqueB_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
am521311
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been having this same issue for months! I Have factory reset several times, wiped my sd card completely clean, they have sent FOUR(!!!!!) replacement phones, I've changed my gmail account and it is still occurring! It is very aggravating. This last replacement phone I haven't downloaded anything, only browsed the internet and it is still occurring. Needless to say I am a very upset customer at  this point because all Verizon wants to do is send replacement phones!! I don't want the same phone that I'm going to continue to have problems with! UGH! I understand your frustrations!

lovjoi
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm with am521311 - I have been complaining about this for months and all Verizon can do is send me a replacement, which seems to work for a few weeks to about 2-months and then it is back to its old tricks - so frustrating!  I too have determined that it has nothing to do with downloaded apps.  I too have done many "restoring device to original status, replacing the device, not adding apps to Restored Device, not adding apps to Replacement Device, etc., etc."  It's the Droid X2!!!  I did NOT have this problem with my other older Motorola Droid phone(s) - only this model.

I also have the Motorola Droid RazerM (my Fiance) and it works perfectly!  No freezing issues - again it is the Droid X2!

Verizon - Let us replace our phones!!!!  I've told you I would upgrade and renew my 2 year contract so that it is a win-win situation!!  Right now, we who own the Droid X2's that freeze - we are in a lose-lose situation!!!  Provide proper Customer Service - even for our safety!!!  I walk alone on trails, just to find my phone frozen - really?? 

Come on Verizon - I love you, I'm a walking Verizon Billboard, but you have to give too...

0 Likes
lovjoi
Enthusiast - Level 1

Jaiden - I have to also note that while it does appear to be the Droid X2 that is the "real" issue, it most certainly helps to make sure that you completely shut the telephone down at least once a day (first thing in the morning, in the evening - whenever, but try to make sure that you completely shut it down).  Shutting it down or pulling the battery out when it is frozen or lagging isn't what I mean.  I mean giving it a nice clean rebooting while it is fine - once a day.

I hope this helps...

0 Likes
sher0438

I have a Droid X2 and it just stopped working and now when I turn it on (after I have taken the battery out and everything) it says "Modem did not power up (2) and Starting RSD protocol support.  This is ridiculous and I cannot call Verizon because I am at work and do not have another phone.  I have had so many replacement phones on this one phone it is ridiculous and being the longtime and loyal customer that I have been, I should not have all these problems and should not get a used replacement phone!  These phones cost too much money and I am about to cancel my whole plan!  I want something done about this immediately!

0 Likes