Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Droid X2 hard keys are stuck
Kanoealoha

Is this a common problem?  It seems that some have keys that just don't work and right now

that would be great!  I'll launch browser and it'll close out to my phone's home screen.

If I do get a couple pages into using the browser all of a sudden it'll back up a page or just keep

going until I'm back at the launch page.  It does it with any program, text, games, phone calls, everything.

I've looked into virtual keys, but they don't disable the hard keys.  Any help at all would be appreciated.

Paying too much money a month to be waiting another five months to upgrade, I'd just like to use my phone

without the annoying hassle. 

0 Likes
Re: Droid X2 hard keys are stuck
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello Kanoealoha! From what you're describing, it's not so much that the keys aren't working, it's that they're working too well and seem to be doing their job when they're not supposed to. When you press your home or back keys, do they seem as if they're pressed in more than normal? Or has there been any damage (dropped, exposed to liquid, etc) to the device? Did you notice this starting to act up after an application was installed or upgraded on your phone? Try putting your phone into Safe Mode http://bit.ly/S6OXlC for a day and see if it continues to have oversensitive keys while it's running in Safe Mode.

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes