Droid X2 issues, can't wait for upgrade in 3 weeks
satipler
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi folks, Suzigirl here.  I can upgrade early to another phone on 3/6/13 but I'm wondering if I'll survive til then Smiley Happy

Here are the issues I'm having, I'll try to be descript yet concise:

1. While on a call I'll hear several "beeps".  I take the phone away from my ear to discover the phone is randomly dialing digits during my conversation.

2. While trying to end a call, instead of the dialpad showing up so I can press "end" the screen is black.

3. While making a call with "press 1 for..., press 2 for...", I try to press "1" or "2" and the phone won't recognize it unless I press really hard, and sometimes even then it won't go.  I've had this happen a LOT lately.

These issues have just come up in the last few weeks and it's VERY frustrating! 

4. Over the life of the phone, however, I frequently have checked my phone and discover I have a voice mail when the phone never rang!  I'm always in a decent signal area so I don't understand why this has happened.

Can anyone tell me why these things are happening?  I've done the *228 thing and removed the battery while the phone is on to reset things but still having issues.  Is it just time for a new phone, or is there something that can be done?

Tags (4)
0 Likes
Re: Droid X2 issues, can't wait for upgrade in 3 weeks
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@satipler,

I appreciate you bringing this to the attention of the forum. I truly apologize that you are experiencing these concerns so close to our upgrade date.

In my experience with this concern dialing *22899 will fix the issue. This problem typically occurs during activation. Is this replacement for a previous device that was having trouble.

I look forward to hearing from you.

YosefT_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Droid X2 issues, can't wait for upgrade in 3 weeks
satipler
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yosef,

I've had this phone since last July and these issues (except one) have come

up only in the last month. I'll try the number you suggested to see if it

gets me over the hump so to speak, until my upgrade. Thanks!

Sue

On Feb 23, 2013 4:21 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes