Droid X2 issues
ajd187

I have had a Droid X2 for about 12 months now.  The issues with it have continued to pile up and I am wondering if there is a fix for some of them.

Background: I am a software developer and technology guy.  I know what I am doing, as well as how things are supposed to work.  I was an iPhone user for two years so this is not my first smartphone.

My phone has the following issues:

• When you plug into the computer via USB cord, the notification ringtones will change without me actually doing anything.  This is majorly inconvenient when, for example, your email notification tone becomes an entire song, or pod cast.  And yes, that has happened a lot.  I assume there is some sort of internal database that is getting mangled, but that should not happen.
  • The WiFi recently randomly started dropping and reconnecting to the network.  Same router, same connection as before. Given the phone's reliability I'm thinking this is the phone's fault.  The other 5 devices on the network work just fine.
  • The phone locks up and requires the battery to be pulled at least once a day, sometimes more.  For example I will lock the screen, and then maybe not be able to unlock it.
  • Sometimes the phone randomly reboots.  During a phone call, or right after sending a text message.
  • Camera randomly freezes up at times.

I'm really not looking for the "factory reset" answer as I have done that and it didn't help.

Honestly I am so frustrated with this thing that I will probably never buy another Motorola product.  The quality is so low that VZW and Motorola should be embarrassed.

0 Likes
Re: Droid X2 issues
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

ajd187 wrote:

I have had a Droid X2 for about 12 months now.  The issues with it have continued to pile up and I am wondering if there is a fix for some of them.

Background: I am a software developer and technology guy.  I know what I am doing, as well as how things are supposed to work.  I was an iPhone user for two years so this is not my first smartphone.

My phone has the following issues:

• When you plug into the computer via USB cord, the notification ringtones will change without me actually doing anything.  This is majorly inconvenient when, for example, your email notification tone becomes an entire song, or pod cast.  And yes, that has happened a lot.  I assume there is some sort of internal database that is getting mangled, but that should not happen. Are you using custom ringtones and where are they stored?  The phone can't access the SD card when the phone is plugged into the computer.
  • The WiFi recently randomly started dropping and reconnecting to the network.  Same router, same connection as before. Given the phone's reliability I'm thinking this is the phone's fault.  The other 5 devices on the network work just fine.
  • The phone locks up and requires the battery to be pulled at least once a day, sometimes more.  For example I will lock the screen, and then maybe not be able to unlock it.
  • Sometimes the phone randomly reboots.  During a phone call, or right after sending a text message.
  • Camera randomly freezes up at times.

I'm really not looking for the "factory reset" answer as I have done that and it didn't help.

Honestly I am so frustrated with this thing that I will probably never buy another Motorola product.  The quality is so low that VZW and Motorola should be embarrassed.

I don't have any suggestions for the other issues.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

on the wi-fi issue, did you try changing the channel, i use 11 on an older linksys wrt54g that will connect to the droid x with wep but not wpa or any other config & i disable ssid broadcast.

wep has a poor rep but i dare you to come find me.

the phone's just more picky about wi-fi.

i go back to gte, pre-verizon with star tac's, so i'm a motorola kind of guy.

0 Likes
andrewjohn329

I am having the same issues with my X2, except for the Wi-Fi. Have to pull the battery at least once a day. Screen will freez on camera, trying to unlock, keyboard, web browser....anything and everything. The last straw happened today. I received a text message yesterday and it was not my normal ringtone, so I simply downloaded a new one. Today I recieve a phone call and it was not my normal ringtone. Went onto my phone and all my MP3 and ringtones are GONE!! Don't know what happened. Was never plugged into my computer or anything, just GONE! I am going to Verizon today to see about getting a new phone, but highly unlikely that I will be getting a Motorola product. This is the first major issue I have had with a Verizon phone (other than my screen going out on my original Droid X) in over 7 years!

0 Likes