Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
Droid X2 keeps freezing up and closing apps all the time lately.
lacmoser

Has anyone had this problem lately?  I have to take battery out and put and back in for it to work properly for a while.  Some days are worse than others.  I've had my phone just over a year and just starting messing up.  The back of the phone behind the control buttons at the bottom gets hot quickly also.  I do not have a plastic cover on it.

0 Likes
Re: Droid X2 keeps freezing up and closing apps all the time lately.
B33
Legend

Have tried clearing the System Cache you might try that or if you haven't done one a Factory Reset there hasn't been any updates i'm aware of so it might be the apps might need a refreshing Give that a Try.. See if that might help..

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Lacmoser, let's get your Droid X2 to work as it should. As B33 mentioned, clearing the system cache can help a lot of issues. This should not erase any data, but it is still safe to make sure your info is backed up first. To clear system cache:

• Power the phone off
  • Power On while holding down the Home key
  • When exclamation point icon appears press BOTH volume keys
  • Use volume keys to navigate to "wipe cache partition" and tap the power button to select
  • Wait for it to finish and select reboot system

If no change, we may need to check to see if specific applications are causing this issue. Boot your phone into safe mode http://vz.to/17LHsYg for awhile to test if this issue is still occurring. Safe mode disables third party apps. If this issue is no longer happening in safe mode, then try removing some recently installed applications.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
gman0917

I have this same problem. I have tried wiping my Cache but it did not work? Please help. It is bothersome that I can't use some of my apps.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

gman0917,

Help is our middle name. And while I'm glad you've already tried a bit of troubleshooting including wiping cache, let's set up game up a little. Next, please enable safe mode http://vz.to/nXvveN . That disables third party apps so we can better isolate the issue between the device and potentially harmful apps. Of course, you'll need to launch just the preinstalled apps since others will be disable to test. If issues are only with third party apps, you may wish to delete them and readd only trusted ones. Please share results after testing for a few hours.

EvanO_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes