Droid X2......visual voicemail issues?
mtv101

anyone having problems with the visual voicemail crashing the phone while listening to a voicemail? After the 2.3.4 update, my phone will crash and lockup after listening to a voicemail. It doesnt lock it up all the time but more times than not it does and only way to fix it is to pull the battery.

0 Likes
Re: Droid X2......visual voicemail issues?
LenaA_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello mtv101,

That can be a nuisance to have your device crash while checking your voicemail messages. I would recommend to perform a hard reset on the device which may correct this issue. Follow this link to learn how to hard reset your device http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=43044 .

Prior to the hard reset, I recommend to backup your contacts using the Backup Assistant or Google Contacts. Your photos should be saved on the memory card.

Once you hard reset the device, dial *228 + Send option #1 to activate the device.

Let us know how it works.

Thank you,

Lena A.

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
mtv101

My droid x2 was a replacement for my droid x..........this issue started happening a week or two after I got it. I already had to do a hard reset on my other phone and its a pain in the tush because you lose all the apps and saved games and such. I really prefer not to have to do that. I talked to my Verizon rep and they werent even aware of the problem. Pretty sure its a software issue between visual voice and 2.3.4  I am hoping Android will get a fix for it. I had posted on this site to see if anyone else had the same issues.

0 Likes
Not applicable

mtv101,

Thanks for replying! I understand wanting to hold off on a hard reset. Something I suggest doing before that, is going into Settings>Applications>Manage Apps, find the Visual Voicemail and clearing cache and data. If necessary, delete and re-install or tap 'uninstall update' if available. You will find these steps less invasive than a hard reset and often resolve conflicts with applications. Please advise more information so I and the community can help further.

Thank you!

AdamE_VZW

0 Likes
mtv101

All I was able to do was to clear data from the app. Nowhere for me to uninstall it. It was listed under the "apps" section as Voicemail version 1.1  I pay verizon to have the extra features associated with the visual part. So I am not sure what kind of software conflict there could be. Do you know if there is a updated version of voicemail?   I just went to see if this made a difference and I had to re-sign up for visual voicemail and agree to the end user agreement. Then I had to enter my password to access the voicemail. I went to retrieve one of my messages and it crashed the phone again. 😞

0 Likes
Not applicable

Hello mtv101!

Thank you for all of the troubleshooting steps you walked through! I'm sorry that the Visual Voicemail is still not working. Was there an option to update the application? If not, we would recommend a master reset on the device. You can find the steps in Lena's previous post.

Let us know if that works!

Katie H

VZW Support

0 Likes